Newbie - Grace Kelly fan - fashion amateur

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by fangirlingsince92, Jan 11, 2017.

1. fangirlingsince92

fangirlingsince92 Registered Guest

Greetings from Oklahoma, USA. I'm a longtime, die-hard Grace Kelly fan and, naturally, her fashion choices are a frequent focus of my fangirling. Edith Head, Helen Rose, Marc Bohan, Dior, Balenciaga, Madame Grès, Saint Laurent, Chanel, Ben Zuckerman, Lanvin and Hattie Carnegie are among the many names Grace wore during her lifetime. I have joined here as a Registered Guest because I am curious to learn more about these designers, their works and, hopefully, get a bit of assistance from the VFG community in answering an oft-repeated question, "Who designed that?" Thanks!

2. Midge

Midge Trade Member

3. EndlessAlley

EndlessAlley Trade Member

4. amandainvermont

amandainvermont Trade Member

helloemoti

fangirlingsince92 likes this.
  5. nsweezie

nsweezie Registered Guest

Hello and welcome!
    I'm a huge Grace Kelly fan too- in fact it was through my admiration of her that I got into vintage and ultimately became a collector of the designer Ben Zuckerman. I'm such a fan, in fact, that my daughter is called Grace.
    This website is fantastic- you'll find lots of information and plenty of help.

fangirlingsince92 likes this.
  6. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing Administrator Staff Member

7. fangirlingsince92

fangirlingsince92 Registered Guest

You named your daughter after Grace? Awww, how delightful! Good for you! I have a daughter myself and considered calling her 'Mary Grace' (after my mother and you-know-who), but my husband rejected my idea. :no:
    I look forward to learning more about Mr. Zuckerman from you, and hearing about your collection. Thanks for your message!