1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OLD THREAD 2004 -just registered? INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by artisannes, Mar 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. artisannes

artisannes VFG Member VFG Past President

If you have just registered why not introduce yourself to the rest of us? Tell us a little about who you are and what you like because we'd all love to get to know you.

Use this thread for posting an introduction to you!!

Best wishes
    Anne Dettmer (artisannes)
    VFG President

2. cherry-pie-and-roses

cherry-pie-and-roses Registered Guest

I'll introduce myself to everyone....some know me, new folks won't.
    I'm Brenda, from Tennessee, USA, probably the elder of the group. Married with children (twin daughters), collect more than I sell - vintage anything including textiles, clothing, glass, pottery, pink things, and anything that tickles my fancy. My motto is, "God, gimme gaud." I just like things that sparkle, have a frou-frou look to them, and just make me feel good.

Big smiles & big welcomes to everyone!;)

3. I'll go next!! My name is Bonnie and I live in the Canadian foothills of the Rocky Mountains in beautiful Calgary, Alberta (home of the famous Calgary Stampede).

I blame my addiction to fashion, especially vintage, on my Mom. She was a young single mom and had the most amazing wardrobe when I was growing up in the 60's & 70's!! My favorite era is the 1950's from the sweet and innocent to the sexy bombshell!

I look forward to meeting our new members and hearing what they are passionate about!

4. crinolinegirl

crinolinegirl Alumni

Hi all :)

I'm Leila aka Lei aka crinolinegirl. I'm 28 (29 this year!) and live in Leicestershire, England with my husband and 3 year old son.
    As well as being a mum, I'm a antique & vintage clothing dealer. I collect antique costume as well with a specialization in sidesaddle memorabilia, Victorian and Edwardian corsetry and related antique undersupports. Hope one of these days to sell enough to buy a horse (LOL forever optimistic!)!!

Looking forward to gabbing about vintage with you all! :)

Lei

5. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

Hi! and welcome to everyone who comes in here. You are going to love it here. Lots of knowledgable helpful people. Browse around the home page come in here and ask questions look at all the goodies everyone is showing.

I am Pauline from Historic Chambersburg Pa. A 5 year seller on ebay. A seller on the vc-mall.

I love vintage clothing with a passion! I may not know much but I can be helpful so feel free to U2U me anytime if you need help.

6. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Hi guys!

Another Canadian here! I live in a small town north of
    Toronto and have collected vintage clothing, textiles and
    trim for what seems forever....and if I can ever lose some of those extra pounds that have crept on over the years, I will once again be wearing vintage - especially those delicious
    50s frocks!

I sell vintage clothing and linens on Ebay and sell also on the VC-Mall. Along with just about anything vintage, I'm a lover of art and I sculpt one-of-a-kind multi media fantasy
    figures.

Coming to a new 'place' can feel strange, but everyone here is super friendly...and remember 'no question is a stupid one', so don't hesitate to post and share with us.

Welcome!

Sue
    Secretary
    VFG

7. camelbackcat

camelbackcat Alumni

Hi, I'm Joey also known as camelbackcat. I sell vintage and some interesting contemporary clothing on Ebay. I live in Phoenix, Arizona, and have been collecting since I was, literally, a child. Since I'm 52 now, that means I've got a lot of stuff!
    I, too, will be selling on the V-C Mall Shop. My speciality is 50's and 60's, although, I tend to sell things that strike me as unique, well-made, and/or just plain neat looking!
    I have a HUGE shoe and handbag collection but, as of yet, haven't had the courage to let go of it. LOL.
    Welcome to the VFG...there are some super, super people here! I've learned so much from them!
    joey/camelbackcat

8. cherry-pie-and-roses

Hey, Joey,
    We're tied for matriarch of the group! Ain't it grand to actually <i>remember</i> the 50's! :D

9. poopoolooloo

poopoolooloo Registered Guest

Hello & Welcome Everyone!

My name is Leah and I live in Indiana. I am 33 yrs old and have the toughest yet most rewarding job in the world...I am a housewife and mother of 3 beautiful children ages 10, 7 and 3. I do work part time out of the home on the weekends as a bar wench, wouldn't trade that for anything as it helps me keep my sanity. After almost 2 months off work due to a freak hand injury those "nice young men in their clean white suits" are startings to sound pretty appealing ;) I also sell on eBay and the VC Mall. I hope to start selling on my own website within the next year.

I am like Brenda as I love beautiful frilly frou frou girlie things. I have a passion for vintage jewelry as well as lingerie. I love being a woman, afterall who else can open a door with just a smile and a bat of the eyelashes?

I'm sure you all will love The Guild. There are many wonderful knowledgeable people here, not to mention friends who I cherish deeply.

10. cherry-pie-and-roses

Okay, y'all, I see that this thread has been visited 62 times, yet only a few have introduced themselves. I know you're not shy....and if you are, just tell us your name and where you're from.

Brenda

11. cotmyey

cotmyey VFG Member

HI! ALL

My name is Gayle, I live in the beautiful Okanagan Valley, in British Columbia, Canada.

I'm also ½ of the VTA people, who inform you about the great Vintage Themed Auctions, and part of the EVENTS committee.

I've been with the VFG since its inception. You are going to love it here!(yes, a repeated phrase--because it's true!)

This great bunch of people here has helped me learn about vintage clothing and accessories.

My main abilities rest with HTML, figuring how to make things work around the WWW, and snooping! I can 'google' with the best of 'em!

Gayle

12. ourbabyroo

ourbabyroo Registered Guest

I am Christine....neighbor to Brenda in Tennessee! I am mother to 4 wonderful children - 12 yr. old son, 9 year old twin girls (something else we have in common, Brenda!) and a 1 year old baby boy.

I sell vintage clothing and jewelry on eBay (soon to be in the VC MALL too!) under the id <b>rooisback</b>. I love vintage fashion from all decades, but am really drawn to the 60s and early 70s - as I am a true hippie at heart....even though I wasn't born until '67!

WELCOME to the VFG!!

I am sure you will quickly think of it as <i>home</i>...just like we all do :)

13. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

Hello to everyone! My name is Gail and I live in New Hampshire. I am 50 and have been married to David for 31 years. We have 6 children, a daughter in law, and two grandchildren. :)

I started selling on ebay after being a buyer for almost a year. The deep desire to clear out my house of all the "Stuff" we had accumulated was my biggest motivator to sell. While clearing out the attic, I found many clothes given to us over the years to help us clothe our small brood. (People were extremely generous and I had bags, bags and more bags to go through) One bag held a Shaheen skirt and I asked my first question on the VCA board on ebay. That led me into the world of vintage......and I have had a blast along the journey.......

Welcome to all....You, indeed, will love it here.....A breath of fresh air! ;)

Gail

14. elsewhere

elsewhere Guest

Hi! I'm so excited to see new faces around here! Yay!

My name is Kristine. I'm 33 and I live in Norwalk, CA (suburb of LA) with my soon-to-be-husband and his 6 year old daughter.

I've been a collector of whatever-caught-my-fancy for all of my life- I caught the "hunting" bug from my Gran Papa.
    I opened 2 antiques/vintage brick an mortar stores in my 20's (long story!) and began selling online in 98. It was at this point that I realized that it's MUCH easier to ship clothes than decor!
    I've been wearing vintage as long as I can remember... but it just never occured to me to SELL it, too, until I got online.

I sell on ebay under the ID's <b>Elsewhere</b> & <b>somewhere*else</b> and on the VC-Mall under <b>Elsewhere Vintage</b>

You'll find a lot of friendly and helpful people here... make yerself ta home!

Kristine

15. Retro Rani

Retro Rani Registered Guest

Hi I'm Retro Rani, so called because I sell both vintage and Asian clothing, my real name is Anna, I'll be 32 this April and I live in London with my husband and 2 children.
    :D

16. bigchief

bigchief Alumni VFG Past President

Hi, and welcome -

I'm Carolyn, and I'm looking forward to meeting you! :)

17. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

Hello all,

I'm Lizzie from North Carolina - just across the mountains from Christine and Brenda. I've been a lover and collector of vintage clothes since the 70s and it's great having a place where I can meet and chat with like-minded people.

I'm a big collector of decorated sweaters, and my favorite fashion for wearing is the mod 60s. I'm really more of a collector than a seller, but I do turn loose of things from time to time, and then I sell them at the V-C Mall, and some on eBay.

Welcome, and just make yourself at home!

Lizzie

18. katzoid

katzoid VFG Member

Hi All, Katzoid here but please call me Kat:)

I'm also from New Hampshire, live here with my hubby of 24 years, daughter Samantha, Maggi the wonder mutt, Elvira Kitty, Queen of the Known Universe and Bubbles the Bubble Butt Kitty-we won't go into detail as to why we call her that ;)-.
    I have been an avid live auction fan for a long time and have managed to start a few collections over the years, Lalique glass, Venetian glass, Waterford, right know I am very interested in the Asian arts, I have a small collection of Jade tea pots and tea sets, some ceramics and of course vintage Asian textiles.
    I have loved vintage and antique clothing for as long as I can remember, the older the better, some of the members here have the most amazing early garments.

I have to echo what everyone else has said, your gonna love it here!

Welcome newbies!

Kat !~)

19. cosmiccowgirl

cosmiccowgirl Alumni

Welcome to all!

I'm the Cosmic Cowgirl and I live in Austin, Texas. I've been buying, selling and collecting vintage for a few more decades than I'd like to admit. The bulk of my personal collection is from the 30s through 50s, although I have an embarrassingly large collection of vintage Lilly Pulitzer. My largest vintage collection and <s>passion</s> obsession is lucite handbags from the 50s. At last count I think I had around 600. I also collect mid-century modern furnishings and decor and my home is decorated in this style.

I live with the loves of my lives --- four spoiled rotten fat pugs named Dumpling, Buddha, Sumo and Gidget ---- and a Siamese named Comet who is the true supreme ruler of the household.

20. Leisa

Leisa VFG Member

Hello Y'all.
    My name is Leisa and I'm a vintageholic. ;)
    I have my best friend Carolyn to thank for getting me started down the vintage road.
    We got into vintage clothing and jewelry waaay back in the 70's when we needed unique garments to set ourselves apart from the other "girls" in our town.
    Due to a limited budget, we shopped the thrift stores & found fabulous dresses from the 30's & 40's. We were really ahead of our time.
    These days, I sell on eBay as nowandthenfashion. I also sell as nowandthenfashionon the VC-Mall.

My favorite era has to be the 40's, but anything from late 30's thru early 50's usually appeals to me. I LOVE SHOES and am always looking for 40's open toe pumps to fit my boats. (Sz 9 in vintage)

I'm totally jazzed that the VFG has gone public & I'm anxious to meet all my fellow vintageholics! VFG is a terrific spot to learn every single aspect of selling and collecting vintage. There are many knowledgable folks around here & they love to answer your questions! I'm proud to be a member of this fine organization.
    Welcome!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.