1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oscar de la Renta for Lillie Rubin

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by canned.ham.vtg, Sep 5, 2015.

1. canned.ham.vtg

canned.ham.vtg Registered Guest

Show and Tell
    Found this skirt at a local thrift shop! My heart skipped a beat. I have been looking at the labels and I believe it was made between 1974-1979. I'm thinking about wearing it for my wedding.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

3. Linda March

Linda March Registered Guest

It looks perfect. I would wear it with a laced body or maybe a leather corset

4. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

My heart would have been pounding as well. Whenever I find something nice like that at a thrift store I'm sure they're not going to let me buy it at the cash register -- seeing that I have found a treasure that they missed.

StitchesandSnags likes this.
  5. Wow! How very lovely and perfect for a wedding!!

6. Gorgeous dress, I'd wear it for a wedding in a heartbeat!

@amandainvermont I always have the same worry. I once found a pair of genuine vintage 80s RayBans in the sunglasses pile for $1.75. When I took them up to the register, the cashier got a funny look on her face and, without saying anything to me, called the manager... I think she actually thought I'd changed the price sticker. The manager came over, ran her finger over the price sticker, looked at me, and simply said, "Go ahead." I got them for $1.75! (The store keeps the "good" stuff in big glass cases, so the manager must have realized that I couldn't have done anything dishonest... but I was still worried that they'd refuse to sell them to me at that price.)

7. Rose Clarke

Rose Clarke Registered Guest

Gorgeous! I think this would make a BEAUTIFUL wedding gown!

8. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

That is a lovely skirt..now you just need to find the "right" top to go with it. Great find at a thrift!!!