1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. worth-a-peek

worth-a-peek Alumni

Unleaded hit 4.20 here in West Michigan yesterday:restlessvillagers:

Most stations are at 4.19.

How about by you?

2. Thats what Allana said too Karen, shes in MI and it cost her $60 to fill her tank today. I think you met her?

we're at $3.79 unleaded, i'm premium at $3.96.

this is just insane. just incredible. just horrible.

von

3. avamac

avamac Alumni

It's just hitting 4 in Portland, but on PBS tonight they were blithely discussing $10 gas as just over the horizon.

4. debutanteclothing

debutanteclothing VFG Board Member

4.05-took $50 to fill up. And I have a compact car. Time to think about a hybrid. Unfortunately, California has the worst public transit system ever. But it is getting better.

5. worth-a-peek

worth-a-peek Alumni

One of the other members met her I think at a sale.

Is she still in MP?

You can u2u me

6. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo VFG Member VFG Past President

ny~~~>i paid $4.02 a gallon yesterday when I filled up. I try and fill up at half a tank so I don't get sticker shock and throw a hissy fit.

Wow, W. Michigan is as high as NYC. That is crazy.

This whole oil situation is insane...too early to get me started:soapbox:

7. wyomingvintage

wyomingvintage VFG Member

3.59 a gallon here and if you leave Sheridan it's a dime higher anywhere else in the state and in Billings.
    A Geo Metro is starting to sound good about now!

8. Sorry ladies - no sympathy from Australia. I just did a conversion and we're currently paying $7.11 US per gallon.

9. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

10. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

I must admit, the price of gas is a factor now when I look at long drives to auctions, or consider estate sales that aren't very close.

And my car gets 35 mpg. I think the next car will be a hybrid.

Hollis

11. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

We just topped $4 here. I think the gas we pumped yesterday was $4.09? We actually had to put some gas in my 67 Chevy (which never gets driven) and figured premium was the way to go - I think it was $4.39?

And Sandra is right - public transit here STINKS.

12. BijouVintage

BijouVintage Alumni

Think it was at 3.83 yesterday when I put in just enough to run my errands.. My car gets good gas mileage 35mpg average but I live so far from everything. Post office is 12 miles, Groceries 40 miles, My in laws (who are starting to need more of our help) 65 miles... working from home.. priceless

13. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

1.20 a litre here in Ontario when I got gas last week........
    1 gallon US = 3.78 litres. No matter which way you
    measure it, it IS insane.

Sue

14. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, here in rich and oil producing Alberta we are not reaping any of the benefits of making the stuff or our Province hugely profiting from it. Our prices are approx. converted to $4.95 per gallon.

15. hatfeathers

hatfeathers VFG Member

I hope, if anything, this is the kick in the britches for the gov to put more interest into fuel efficiency, like corn power and hybrid and the like.

We're at $3.79. We have always walked some, such as to Mom's or the PO, but will prob start doing more, like to the grocery and such. It's not THAT much farther, and I do have a wheely cart. hmmmmm

16. thevintagebungalow

thevintagebungalow VFG Member

That cause another problem though. So many crops are now being used for secondary fuels that the cost of groceries is going up. There is also a possibility of food shortages because farmers can make more money by growing corn for fuel so they are converting other crops like wheat to corn.

17. hipvintage

hipvintage Alumni

It's good that you can do that, Jenn. One of the problems in much of the country is that there are no sidewalks. Most suburban areas are designed for cars and are very "pedestrian unfriendly."

If you do start walking to the store more and lugging/wheeling home stuff, you will be amazed at how much better you will feel physically!

Not only do we have fabulous public transport here (well, not compared to Europe and some cities in Asia) the city clears out a bit over Memorial and Labour Day weekends, so there was a lot more room on the sidewalk and less cars on the streets.

The last time I had my own car I could fill up the tank for $10.00. :no:

Janine

18. hatfeathers

hatfeathers VFG Member

There is a long set program that the gov has of paying farmers to leave fields fallow for a season or more. This keeps the prices up for other farmers who are producing a crop, etc. Perhaps it's time they did away with this program, and allowed farmers to do what they do best. And while they're at it, they should put more into those very programs that convert corn into fuel.
    We could run our country on sun, wind, and alternative fuels, but we're run by big oil men who won't let that happen.

19. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

:restlessvillagers:

Yep.

This makes me SO MAD! :powwows::flaming::mad::teeth::angry22: