1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pantone's Twin Colors of the Year-2016 ~ VFG Fashion Parade for the week of January 4th

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG Fashion Parades' started by carla rey, Jan 3, 2016.

1. carla rey

carla rey VFG Member

Rose Quartz & Serenity Blue. . . For the first time the Pantone Color Institute has announced that their color of the year for 2016 is a blend of two shades, Rose Quartz and Serenity. Comparative to a sunrise meeting the ocean at the horizon, these colors demonstrate the blurring of gender lines in fashion and are representative of our need for calming and reassurance to combat the stresses of our lives.

"Joined together, Rose Quartz and Serenity demonstrate an inherent balance between a warmer embracing rose tone and the cooler tranquil blue, reflecting connection and wellness as well as a soothing sense of order and peace." -- Leatrice Eiseman Executive Director, Pantone Color Institute. This week our members show their vintage offerings in these new hues for the coming year.

.jpg

2. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

3. jazzbug

jazzbug Alumni

4. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

5. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

I got a Pantone lip gloss kit at Sephora as a holiday present for my daughter, and the Rose Quartz/Serenity Blue combo is soooo pretty! Here are a few Cur.io Vintage options in those shades...

50s/60s Wool Flannel Sewing Fabric 1.5 Yds+

[​IMG]

1950s Pink & Blue Art Glass & Aurora Borealis Beads Necklace

[​IMG]

1950s Kramer Givre & Aurora Borealis Rhinestone Demi

[​IMG]

And finally, to show that, many moons before 2016, the Victorians recognized how lovely this color combo is...

Mid-Nineteenth Century Micro-Beaded Purse w/Oak Leaves & Blue Roses

[​IMG]

6. trufaux

trufaux VFG Member

7. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

8. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

9. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

10. jazzbug

jazzbug Alumni

11. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I walked through the cosmetics aisle of the supermarket yesterday, and incidentally, Catrice cosmetics feature exactly these colors too!

12. Basically my two favorites colors. So pretty!