1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phone people free - computer to computer

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by dibs2002, Sep 15, 2004.

1. dibs2002

dibs2002 Registered Guest

My friend recommended this site that allows you to phone people for free using your computer. If the other end doesn't have a computer, they apparently have low long-distance rates.

And yes, your computer needs a microphone.

skype.com

Deb

2. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

So I take it its like the instant messaging things but this you can use to actually talk.

God I would never get any work done. I will have to think about it!

3. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I am used to screaming at my computer now... are you sure you need a microphone too???

4. dibs2002

It's basically instant messenger with voice - it's "voice over IP".

Deb

5. dibs2002

The good thing is - as long as the person on the other end has a computer (and the software installed) - you can "phone" anyone in the world for free.

Deb

6. poopoolooloo

poopoolooloo Registered Guest

dh plays unreal tournament and is part of a "clan", they use teamspeak..he's on there every night yakking it up with the guys. He says we should do this.

They have a private board as well and it's been kind of funny listening to all the "drama"...

been there, done that :P I think we're all great here now! I don't see any bickering anymore