1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

request for further info/labels for Carol Brent (Montgomery ward house brand)

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Pinkcoke, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

I just submitted a one line entry for a Carol Brent label from some shoes I have but I see a lot of people have had Carol Brent branded items previously, can anyone add some different style/era labels or more info on the brand? All mentions seem to be 1960s and later, but Montgomery Ward was around before this, was the Carol Brent brand? Not being in the US I wasn't aware Carol Brent was a MW label, despite the MW logo appearing on the shoe, until I saw a dress posted with the Carol Brent label, and thought to search further.
    It is interesting this is a similar progression to St Michael for Marks and Spencer - I have never seen St Michael shoes prior to the 60s either.
    kind regards, Melanie.

2. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

3. Thanks. I will work on this later in the week. My labels are different. I even have 1950s catalogs!

Pinkcoke likes this.
  4. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Nice! I'd be interested to see if they have footwear in the 50s catelogs and what styles, as the 60s ones I have are pretty old fashioned, but better quality, for the time.

5. Shoes from 1953. Not the Carol Brent label, but their regular line. Quite fashionable.
    wards shoes 1953.jpg

Hosiery from their store brand.
    wards brent stockings.jpg

they also made Brent shirts,underwear, pjs and hats for men under just the Brents name.

My clothing is packed away at this time but when I locate some I will add more references to the label thread.

My own 1953 Montgomery Ward catalog