1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

safely shrinking jeans?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by edgyspice, Sep 7, 2006.

1. edgyspice

edgyspice Registered Guest

Hi folks! I have a problem, in the shape of a pair of skinny-fit jeans from Express. I put them on yesterday and discovered that I'm now between sizes, apparently-- they're just a hair too big for me (annoyingly, I'm not small enough to fit in the next size down-- otherwise I'd just write 'em off and buy new jeans).

Now, I've shrunk other jeans in the wash without a second thought-- throwing them in the dryer tends to shrink them a bit anyway. However, I've had a couple of bad experiences with Express pants and dryers, plus the label says to wash these in cold water and line-dry them. Then again, these jeans are 98% cotton and 2% spandex, and the pants I wrecked were mainly synthetic. So is it worth the risk to toss 'em in the dryer (or wash them in a regular warm wash, for that matter)?

2. bug12oz

bug12oz Registered Guest

I love Express's clothing so much. But My height and size I find myself in the same boat. I have shrunk several things down to the size I needed. You wash them as the label states, then place them in the dryer on a medium dry heat until they are almost dry. This will shrink them down about a half a size.

3. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

Well I never thought to do that. Thanks Jamie!