1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So much vintage clothing and very little knowledge

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Starfall, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Starfall

Starfall Registered Guest

My very wealthy aunt gave me about 500 pieces of vintage clothing. Labels such as Sylvia Nechis, Leo Narducci, Diane von Furstenberg and many others. I don't know what they are worth or where to sell them that I could get what they deserve. Please help. I am attaching some pics.

Attached Files:

• 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      27.8 KB
      Views:
    • 111.jpg
      111.jpg
      File size:
      23.5 KB
      Views:
    • 1111.jpg
      1111.jpg
      File size:
      18.7 KB
      Views:
    • 11111.jpg
      11111.jpg
      File size:
      71.9 KB
      Views:
    • 1lw.jpg
      1lw.jpg
      File size:
      43.1 KB
      Views:
  2. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

Oh wow, looks like some great stuff!

Where are you located? One of our members might be near you and could possible refer you to a nearby dealer/auction house.

StitchesandSnags likes this.
  3. Starfall

I live in Loganville, GA. Suburb of Atlanta and Athens.

4. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

Thanks!

I wish I were closer, but I know we have some members from that area. Good luck with it!

5. Starfall

Thank you. I just hate selling them fr so much less than they are worh. Do you know any vintage clothing sale sites?

6. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

Selling vintage clothing is a lot of work, involving a lot of research.
    You have to take tons of detailed photos & write up listings, with all relevant info.
    To sell online you have to first set up your own shop somewhere, not an easy task in itself.

If you could sell it all wholesale you might make more money than doing the hours & hours of work yourself.

7. Starfall

Do you know of any wholesalers? I am completely ignorant to this process. I own a retail store, that's it.

8. Starfall, hi. I'm in Atlanta. Give me a call. I'm happy to help you! Liza 404.934.2578.

jauntyrooster likes this.
  9. I've hooked Danielle up with a local friend specializing in high-end, designer, more-recent vintage, vintage. He may be able to consign the good stuff for her on 1st Dibs. Good luck, Danielle!

Retro Ruth likes this.
  10. Mitzy

Mitzy Registered Guest

I am interested in the Sylvia Nechis pieces. Sylvia was my husband's grandmother, and I'd really love to find some of her work in good condition to give to his daughters.