***Submit Labels for the LABEL RESOURCE HERE***

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Labels for the Label Resource - Add here' started by pinky-a-gogo, Dec 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jazzbug

jazzbug Trade Member

REVISED March 4, 2016 (Revised words in CAPS):

CD - de Christian Dior Fourreres
    From this WHITE FOX fur coat purchased at Somper by Furs Couture International, Beverly Hills, CA approximately between 1986 and 1990. MOST LIKELY CIRCA: 1987

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2016
    Pinkcoke likes this.
  2. Dahlila

Dahlila Registered Guest

This post is for your Albert Nipon labels. This is an Ann Taylor 80's linen dress. Huge shoulderpads with fabulously large buttons. His story is pretty scandalous, having gone away for tax evasion in the late 80s. (Wikipedia), so this was a very cool find.

Wikidepdia entry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Nipon

3. Joji Furukawa

Joji Furukawa Registered Guest

Noticed that all the Holt Renfrew labels are from the 1950s and later so I thought I would submit this 1930s label with a royal warrant to King George the fifth.

Coat is a black velvet with ermine collar.

4. Melanie Zamora

Melanie Zamora Registered Guest

Hi. I was asked to put my label on this thread. I hope it contributes to the catalog!

(1) date of garment - Fall 2003 Read to Wear
    (2) type of garment - Long coat/opera coat/caftan
    (3) any information you have about the designer/label and where you found that info - Oscar de la Renta

Pinkcoke likes this.
  5. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Trade Member

Carol Brent:
    Carol Brent was a house brand from Montgomery Ward mail order company.
    from some 1960s shoes:

(Tiff maybe this could go under Montgomery Ward as well? as I just realised the logo to the left is for them)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
  6. denisebrain

denisebrain Trade Member

This is (according to the WPL number 6099) a label of Bernhard Altmann. It is from a 1950s cashmere sweater.

7. SwaneeGRACE

SwaneeGRACE Registered Guest

I recently discovered an amazing linen 2 piece ensemble by Irish designer Sybil Connolly. The skirt has the above Sybil Connolly label which I have never seen before. I scoured the internet and could find nothing with this early label. Based on 2 photos I unearthed online that show a striped linen dress from her first 1953 collection (with the same striped pattern), I am confident this set is from that debut collection. I'm giddy with excitement and will post the ensemble soon. :)

8. lindapoirier

lindapoirier Registered Guest

I hope these photos are good enough. I only internet with phone.

I have never seen do many tags on a Catalina sweater. The sweater has pom poms. Also Walter Plunkett (Gone With The Wind)!!!

I believe it is 1930s because of Plunkett and pom poms.

9. Gilo49

Gilo49 Trade Member

Lilly Daché hat
    (1) date of garment: 60's
    (2) type of garment: Hat

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2016
  10. Jasmin Key

Jasmin Key Registered Guest

Bourne & Hollingsworth
    1922/3 silk and lame dress
    BOURNE & HOLLINGSWORTH.JPG

Leonardo da Vintage and Pinkcoke like this.
  11. Jasmin Key

Jasmin Key Registered Guest

Eugenie et Juliette
    Mid - late 1920s, silver lame dress (just had it dated to 1924/5 - wedding or court dress)
    EUGENIE ET JULIETTE.jpg

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  12. Of Dust and Wonder

Of Dust and Wonder Registered Guest

I couldn't find Elinor Gay in the Label Resource, so figured I'd add my label here-- it's from a royal blue and gold 60's full length evening gown.

13. Amarcord Vintage Fashion

Amarcord Vintage Fashion Registered Guest

1. circa 1960s
    2. 1960s patterned linen dress
    3. Madame Gres, the dress design & silhouette could not be anything other than the 1960s. Additional label to existing designer entry.

14. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage Trade Member

This Vera Neumann signature is from the company’s special line for Target, 2013. The ladybug logo had been reintroduced but with a slight change in the design.

The identical scarf appears in the Vera for Target ads from 2013, as shown in the following image and in the accompanying link.

Code:
    https://corporate.target.com/article/2013/04/vera-neumann-s-bold-brilliant-designs-come-to-targ

15. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Trade Member

Rodier:
    Started in 1848 by Eugene Rodier as primarily a textile mill company. They found fame producing their own modern version of the Kashmir shawl for sale locally and abroad. Rodier were keen to develop new textiles, producing senellic - an early spun rayon - and Kasha, a fabric they copyrighted.
    Rodier made the knitted jersey found and utilised by Coco Chanel to much acclaim, which saved the company in 1916. During the 1920s and 1930s Rodier produced many different fabrics for Jean Patou and the Rodier family partially financed Patou's expansion during the 1920s. Around this time Rodier also produced interior fabrics designed by people such as Pablo Picasso.
    Rodier began selling ready to wear in 1956 with a fine knitwear collection and followed later with other clothing such as coats and accessories. Over the years these were sold exclusively by the brand in a dozen boutiques worldwide until 1995 when Rodier became available in select high end shops and department stores in America.

Source credit:
    http://www.fashionencyclopedia.com/Pi-Ro/Rodier.html

from a 1967 Air France uniform dress:

16. Haute Heaven

Haute Heaven Registered Guest

1) Givenchy Couture late 1990s (circa Alexander McQueen) label
    2) From pleated skirt
    3) Date info sourced from comparable labels on 1stdibs.com

17. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage Trade Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2016
  18. Midge

Midge Trade Member

W.F. / Fred (Wilhelm Alfred) Adlmüller (1909-1990) was born in Nuremberg, Bavaria, trained as a cook and worked a few years in one of his father’s restaurants. He went to Vienna in 1929 with the purpose to learn more about the restaurant business. Instead, he found a job with the fashion boutique “Ludwig Zwieback & Brüder”, thanks to the costume designer at Vienna’s State Opera, who had recognized his talent. In 1931 he went to work at “Tailors, Stone & Blyth”, another fashion house. At first he worked in the men’s department, and then started expanding the women’s fashion department, where his talent to copy couture designs, but also to design his after his own ideas. He started working on his first couture collection in 1934 and starting in 1936 he also designed costumes for theatre and opera, in Vienna and abroad. Adlmüller didn't serve in WWII because of his health, but stayed on at the company after the original Jewish owners, Ignaz Sass and his wife, had to leave and a German owner took over. Thanks to his good connections with the Soviets in Vienna, he was able to present his first post-war collection already in Autumn 1945, and in 1946 he received the Austrian citizenship. The original owners of Stone & Blyth came back after the war, and first partnered with him as “Stone & Blyth Nachfolger”. Later Adlmüller bought them out and started his own company in 1950. From the late 1940s he also designed costumes for Austrian movies. His salon remained located where Stone & Blyth had already been – at Palais Esterhazy on Kärtnerstrasse 41 in Vienna. Since the 1930s until 1973 there was also a boutique in Bad Gastein, and from after the war until ’73 one in Munich. A perfume, “Eau de Vienne”, was launched in the 1950s. In 1958 he won a prize for the best hostess uniform at the Expo in Brussels. Fred Adlmüller’s fashion was classic couture, often evening wear, worn by stars, president’s wives and even royalty. He also made the tailcoats for all the Austrian presidents. He was a professor at the university of applied arts from 1973 to 1979, teaching the fashion master class. In 1985 he sold the main part of his business to the lingerie company Palmers. Adlmüller died in Vienna in 1990 and is buried at Vienna’s Zentralfriedhof. The last of his creations were auctioned off in January 1991 at Dorotheum in Vienna, the salon on Kärtnerstrasse continued on until 2002 under the ownership of Palmers.

From a 1960s silk tie.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
  19. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Trade Member

20. Rebecca McNamara

Rebecca McNamara Registered Guest

Hello,
    I am a curatorial coordinator at the Indianapolis Museum of Art, where we just finished a massive photography/digitization project that included photographing hundreds of garments from our significant textile and fashion arts collection. We now have images of all fashion labels located during this project available on our website. But many of the labels we've found are not yet posted on the VFG's Label Resource and we would love to contribute to this important resource. Since I'm working with such a large quantity of images and data, is there a more efficient way I can submit them than by individual forum posts? Many thanks!
    Rebecca

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.