1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Submit your website to Paypal Shops - free *NOTE-Old post, info may be outdated*

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by dibs2002, Aug 24, 2004.

1. dibs2002

dibs2002 Registered Guest

Hi guys,

I never knew it was free to list with Paypal shops until today when I read the fine print.

You can pick up to 2 categories, Vintage clothing, jewelry and linens can be found under 'Collectibles'.

I just listed Babylon Mall. It takes up to 5 days and they may have to do a credit check on you. It should be really interesting now that Paypal is an ebay company, to see if I'll get listed!

The link is My Account -> Profile -> Paypal Shops, try this

Deb

2. Deb, it says for me to be eligible I have to sign up for that money market fund. Then they ask your SS number, etc. I don't know if I like that.

3. dibs2002

HUH????

Ok, I have an International, Premier account. Have you tried logging in and going into your profile, and clicking on Paypal Shops?

Geez, I hope I didn't have to join anything.

Deb

4. No, I will try that.

5. Same thing. I have a premier account, too.

6. dibs2002

I have a Canadian account though, I wouldn't feel comfortable giving them my SS# either.

Ok - if you live in Canada (!) - you can put your shop in Paypal shops for free (and seemingly without having to join anything or enter your SS#)...

Deb

7. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Hee! I just did it! How cool and easy as pie.

Deb, you're right, it looks like the Canadians get to sail through on this one
    without giving any extra info. The US
    guys get nailed. I imagine International would be the same (sail through, rather than bogged down with extra details)

Thanks Deb! Now I have 5 days to
    spruce up my shop!

Sue

8. crinolinegirl

crinolinegirl Alumni

C&C used to be listed on Paypal shops up until the middle of last year when they got rid of all the non US shops :( Maybe allowing Canadian shops to join now will pave the way for them to let more international shops on or at least let us UK'ers back on!

Lei

9. Sue, could I use your address?? LOL

10. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Linda...sure if I can use yours for the
    Vogue Sweepstakes entry! The contest is open to other countries, but the required field for "State" is all that is there...no province! :(

Sue

11. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

I signed up - easy, breezy! Thanks for the heads-up, Deb-a-roo.

I'm already signed up for their Money Market crap that snags me hefty <i>penny</i> dividends a month.

12. cherry-pie-and-roses

cherry-pie-and-roses Registered Guest

The money market fund pays interest which has to be reported as income to the IRS, hence the need for your SS#. Just like a bank needs it. Or other investments.

13. dibs2002

I never even knew they had a money market fund. Wow, they're really expanding. I guess they don't offer it to CDN accounts.

Deb

14. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

Yeah I think I got a end of year statement last year from PayPal for the IRS. I think it was .06! PayPal deposited more money into my account when they were confirming my checking account. LoL!

15. pallavi

pallavi Guest

feel good to join this discussion. . looking further for nmore information