1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swimwear thru the ages - oh yeah

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by glamoursurf, Jan 7, 2009.

1. glamoursurf

glamoursurf Alumni

[​IMG]
    <div>Thirty years separate the two suits above. The 1915 model cost $30, the 1945 model cost $13.</div><div></div><div>
    Join us on our blog at Glamoursplash this week as we look at bathing suits through the decades and how they have changed. </div>

2. Coutureallure

Coutureallure Alumni

Oh boy! Can't wait to read it!

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

3. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

Great photos. Are they from the 40s?

4. dandelion*vintage

dandelion*vintage Registered Guest

Love it. So far the 1930s swimsuit is my favorite.

5. glamoursurf

glamoursurf Alumni

Thanks, its fun to see the model go through changes in swimwear but at the same location shot. Lizzie, it starts in 1915 and will go through 1945. I started yesterday and will continue through part of next week. Enjoy!

wyogems likes this.
  6. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Super photos, luv that striped 40s suit. Whatever happened with the Jantzen nonsense???

7. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

8. Fab photos and blog! Look forward to more.

9. glamoursurf

glamoursurf Alumni

Thanks everyone!

Mary Jane, the Jantzen thing just kept getting weirder and I ended up removing my diving girl page. I still have it and will repurpose it at some point.

wyogems likes this.
  10. jessejames

jessejames Registered Guest

Oh! these are cool and I like them very much.... Nice...

11. ZoMeagz

ZoMeagz Registered Guest

Hi all, I'm new to the group and so I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place...... I have a Jantzen swimsuit that my MIL gave me to look into fr her. Its' black woollen and I think it's from the 1930s. Can I post some photos here for advice please?

12. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Hello and welcome. Please start a new thread to get advice, in this forum: https://forums.vintagefashionguild.org/forums/public-vintage-fashion-q-a.39/

13. wyogems

wyogems VFG Member

I need that one that looks like a dress. How sophisticated! Those tights might keep the cooties away too. lol. Seriously someone should start making them again. I bet they would sell.

14. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

So fabulous and so glad you are so knowledgeable about this subject.

I have one I really need to post to get info on.