1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Fashionable Royals

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by jazzbug, Jun 10, 2016.

1. jazzbug

jazzbug Alumni

My, aren't they fashion forward for the Queen's 90th birthday! Details here (love the color palettes) :

[​IMG]

Queen Elizabeth's official 90th birthday celebrations kicked off on Friday but, while the day was all about the monarch, the stunning royal fashions on display also took center stage!

Princess Kate, who arrived with Prince William and Prince Harry, wore a bespoke mist blue Catherine Walker & Co crepe coatdress adorned with white lace detail. She paired the look with a flower-covered bespoke Jane Taylor cocktail hat. (The same topper she wore to Princess Charlotte's christening last year!)

Kate's mother-in-law Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall also opted for blue, wearing a light blue silk outfit by Bruce Oldfield with a coordinating Philip Treacy hat. She accessorized with a pearl necklace and a dragonfly brooch.

[​IMG]

Meanwhile, the woman of the hour wore a primrose yellow Angela Kelly outfit topped off with the Richmond Brooch, which was given as a wedding gift to her grandmother, Queen Mary, in 1893. (And of course, she had her ever-present black Launer purse.)

2. Alleycats

Alleycats VFG Member

I love watching the Royals!

3. Love this thread, Laurie.....thanks for posting! And, THE QUEEN wanted to be seen in that fabulous bright green!!!! She is a remarkable woman and still a very beautiful lady! Long Live The Queen!!!! :)

4. Alleycats

Alleycats VFG Member

I'd love to know what everyone thinks about Beatrice and Eugenie.

5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Love the bright green - only the Queen can pull that off. Love her for always wearing bright colors! Beatrice and Eugenie... well, the red dress is okay, but the hat doesn't go with it imho... and the Burberry coat? Not a fan... Did anyone scroll to the bottom, the comment about the "royal style star in the making", just because she wore head to toe Chanel? Sorry, but the outfit is blah... the yellow handbag isn't enough to make it stand out.

6. jazzbug

jazzbug Alumni

Beatrice and Eugenie: Um, I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say . . . so I'll be "mum" on this subject.
    crazy chicken

7. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

Princess Kate is always so very pretty.

8. jazzbug

jazzbug Alumni

I don't have to keep quiet on that -- yes, always lovely and she's nailed her personal style.