1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Kentucky Derby is Today.

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Patentleathershoes, May 1, 2004.

1. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Just watch for your tv later this afternoon for glimpses of what this year's hats and attire are like. maybe the lady with the battery powered rotating race horse hat will be back : )

Chris

2. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Good suggestion on catching some of the more
    avant garde fashions...particularly in hats.

Sue

3. Patentleathershoes

4. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

I live about a mile and half from the track - and let me tell you, the skies opened up with mega thunder and lightening. So the fashionable gear this year was:

Rain Ponchos!

Hollis

5. Patentleathershoes

I saw how that tent basically collapsed on tv. I did see some hats, but i was really disappointed this year, unless i just didn't see the good ones on tv. i didn't really see anything either 1) unique or crazy (no lady with the twin spires on her head 2) beautiful and to die for. A couple nice hats, but nothing really and truly memorable.

well i guess the only fashion news was that jockeys can now wear endorsement patches on their pants, etc. , so what was to be the sport of kings is now the sport of nascar LOL

6. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

Thank heaven they are little guys and can only get so much on the outseam of the breeches.

Hollis

7. We were going down to the teletrack near here to watch the race. I am glad I didn't cause I did not pick the winner.