1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The OSCARS are TONIGHT - Plus photos!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Patentleathershoes, Feb 27, 2005.

1. schoolsgirl

schoolsgirl Registered Guest

Salma is from Mexico

2. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Catherine Zeta-Jones is the lady from Wales.

3. artisannes

artisannes VFG Member VFG Past President

I did like Hilary's dress from the point that the cut was amazing and she had the figure to carry it off - but the colour was just plain off - I would have preferred it in red or black or even whiteI think - the navy was just plain dowdy.

Hilariously on the People site they have Johnny Depp in the worst dressed as well as in another section where they say he looks great :)

Anne

4. I alway get selma and catherine zita mixed up:BAGUSE:

5. schoolsgirl

schoolsgirl Registered Guest

on one of those entertainment shows called Hilary 'worst dressed'

worst dressed than Salma or the white bat Giselle wore?

riiiiight.:asleep:

6. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

DOUBLETAKE: I've met Colin Farrell. He was wearing a towelling robe at the time. Quite short, actually. (no really).

Um, yes... tell me more..

7. noir_boudoir

noir_boudoir Registered Guest

:hysterical:

Erm. That was more suggestive than it needed to be. I thought <i>he</i> was quite short, not the robe (in fact, I don't think I inspected the length of the robe).

For some reason I've never quite 'got' Colin Farrell, so I wasn't overwhelmed with hormones to shake his hand. To be honest, I was quite taken aback by his blond dye job. I got introduced to 'Alexander and his companions' when I went on set to 'advise' (and I use that word very broadly) on the Babylon section of that film.

It was about 8 in the morning and they were all wearing towelling robes.

The sound stage was :censored2: freezing. Watching filming was interesting for about 44 minutes. After that I was just cold. Good thing they were paying me; I kept calculating the hours x rate in my head...

I went for a second day, but couldn't see that I was doing anything useful. They were setting up for the Babylonian 'harem' scene (there's no word for, or evidence for a separate women's quarters in pre-Islamic Persian palaces) and I heard one of the crew go past going 'what scene is it next? Oh great! Dusky babes!'

I decided I should leave.

8. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

I don't know...I personally have never seen the appeal of Mr. Farrell.

Maybe the chain smoking cussing greasey hair image is not really my type perhaps.

Well, Lin, I must say that dancing harem girls (well...i didn't see the movie but they always seem to be doing that in film) would have more appeal in a Hollywood movie to make up for all the fighting i suppose. Accuracy be darned. excuse to show scantilly clad young ladies. I do quite agree though that the harem situation was more of a result of muslim culture/Arabian culture than Persian in that time frame. Of course, there were well to do folks through antiquity prior with a concubine or two, but it was really a whole situation than having seperate women's quarters and/or a full harem of ladies.