1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Perfect single strand of fake pearls

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Patentleathershoes, Apr 17, 2004.

1. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Hmmm...I guess i am the first one here!

I am looking for a (preferably) vintage strand of round faux pearls - 16 or perhaps 17" long, and here is the hardest part...they need to be pure white. Everything that I have or can find have a lot of "patina", or are white, but slightly warm/ivory/cream vs a "cool" white if that makes any sense. The other category I find is beads so big that Wilma Flintstone would have gushed over them, or are extremelt graduated. I love the double and triple strands but they would not look right in this case.

They are for my wedding, and my dress, is pure white, not cream, with pearls, and have had a heckuva time finding something that is not from a seller in Timbucktu or is not cracked, etc.

They can be made of shell, glass(though i tend to think the glass ones are more creamy ivory? i could be wrong), plastic. I have looked at real freshwater pearls, but the oval and irregular shapes won't work.

Also, I don't have pierced ears and have given up on finding apropriate clip or screw back earrings so the necklace doesn't have to match earrings. (so one less headache!)

thanks in advance for any leads! I know what i am looking for is maybe a dime a dozen thing, but i haven't been able to look through the right dozen yet : )

thanks in advance!

Chris

2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Hmmm. let me take a look...

3. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Sorry, no, of all the white faux pearls I own, I have a small graduated strand, a small graduated double strand and one long, to the waist string of pearls. I would be willing to part with the double strand graduated (I tend to use the single graduated strand because they pass for real).

4. Patentleathershoes

thanks so much for looking!

Waist length would be knee length on me ;) as i am sooo short. i don't blame you for not wanting to part with it as it looks so real.

I really need a single though, with the doubles it just is too busy. it is not a busy dress, but i borrowed someone's real pearls to try on with it and believe it or not anything larger than one strand takes away from it, at least from what i tried. i have a single graduated strand, but they go from miniautre pea to full wilma flintstone in the front.

i have a real nice choker, but it looks weird with it too. (and too bad, because i have tons of those it seems)

5. Patentleathershoes

that's why they are so tough to find!

6. cosmiccowgirl

cosmiccowgirl Alumni

I would try to find if there's a shop that carries Majorca Pearls in your area. I think Dillard's here does, so maybe you have a local department store that sells them. IMHO they're the best simulated pearls made, and they come in a vast number of styles and colors.

7. dancingdresses

dancingdresses Registered Guest

Chris -

I make jewelry and work with a lot of vintage beads (recycled old necklaces, etc.)

If you can't find what you want, eMail me and we can talk.
    I might have the parts/pieces of what you need, in stock.

[email protected]
    C
    *who just made "vintage" pearl bracelets & earrings for my DD's bridemaids*

8. Patentleathershoes

I may just take you up on your offer...

I got an interesting gift from my two aunts...it was a box with a...naked Barbie in it....(well she did have a veil, shoes, jewelry, on...her dress was in the bottom of the box in case i thought she was indecent LOL. The gift was "everything but the dress". (so the gift is the shoes, veil, etc,) they are reimbursing me for the veil and now wanna buy me all the other accessories! I will see if they have something already....you never know.

i thought that was kinda funny, and it helps out a lot as i am not made of money right now.

chris

9. Chris, I just bought a lot of vintage costume jewelry. Had a lot of pearl necklaces, some of which I just threw away because they had come undone. I will check for you. Also think I have some pearl clip on earrings.

10. dancingdresses

Chris -

Email me. I may have found exactly what you are looking for, today.
    I have photos ready to go.
    Carolyne

11. dancingdresses

Chris -

Email me. I may have found exactly what you are looking for, today.
    I have photos ready to go.
    Carolyne