The Vintage Fashion Guild Bookshops! Your recommended reading list.

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by Leonardo da Vintage, Apr 26, 2013.

1. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing Administrator Staff Member

2. cmpollack

cmpollack Trade Member

Wow-what a fabulous idea! Thank you Ruth!

Gotta go home to bed now, but guess where I will be shopping this weekend? :cats:

Leonardo Da Vintage likes this.
  3. bartondoll

bartondoll Trade Member

Awesome!!! Thank you!

4. Leonardo da Vintage

Leonardo da Vintage Administrator Staff Member

Let us know what you buy!

5. PersonalPursuits

PersonalPursuits Trade Member

6. TangerineBoutique

TangerineBoutique Trade Member

Thanks so much for launching this! I NEED Jonathans Shoes A-Z and a couple of Claires books look like they must come home with me as well, after my next show I will be treating myself!!
    Melody

7. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix Trade Member

FAB-U-LOUS! Great work and thank you Ruth and anyone else who helped on this. And the prices are good...discounts and more! I will be back to shop once my purse gets fatter (soon I hope).

I like all of your choices for book on hats, you picked some very good ones.:cheer:

8. Leonardo da Vintage

Thanks Barbara, I'm really glad to hear that, and actually I picked some that you recommended! I scoured for the forums for any threads that mentioned books, and I found an old thread where you and some others starting discussing hat books.

I wanted to make sure our bookshop isn't just any books on fashion, but ones that have had some recommendation, so I did some research with the aim of making it a useful educational reading list.

9. sarah-jane

sarah-jane Trade Member

Great work Ruth. We must get this into the next Newsletter...maybe with a couple of reviews of books featured. So if anyone buys, or has any of the books featured, and would like to submit a review - maybe just a short one of a couple of paras - do send it to me.

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  10. Leonardo da Vintage

Thank you Sarah - I was going to ask you if we could put something in the newsletter. I'm happy to write something for it about the shops, and some reviews as well would be wonderful!

11. Jonathan

Jonathan Trade Member

I think I actually have almost every book on the list!

12. EndlessAlley

EndlessAlley Trade Member

Thank you Ruth for your time and hard work! What a wonderful selection. I already have some listed, but see quite a few I would love to own. I can see this list turning into my personal "Book of the Month Club" :drinking2:

13. Leonardo da Vintage

Funny you should say that Alice, I was wondering about a "book of the month" promotion.

14. EndlessAlley

EndlessAlley Trade Member

I think it would be a great way to keep the bookstore fresh, Ruth.

15. Leonardo da Vintage

I meant on our site - though I suppose it could be added it the bookshop too. But it's not something I have time to take on at the moment - volunteers welcome!

16. cmpollack

cmpollack Trade Member

I bought 3 more Sears catalogs, early 70s, mid 70s, and early 80s. Much needed additions to the ol' reference shelf!

Wonderful bookshop; I have many of the titles in it, but there are also wonderful options for my wishlist, and I love that there are handy links for products (like jewelry cloths, Simichrome, stain devils) for when I run out!

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  17. Leonardo da Vintage

18. TheVintageVortex

TheVintageVortex Trade Member

Sweet! Now I know where to go to get some of these great cleaning supplies that are talked about in some of these threads :)

19. JoWaterhouse

JoWaterhouse Registered Guest

Thanks Ruth, much appreciated!

20. melanostalgia

melanostalgia Registered Guest

If only I had seen this earlier! I just ordered two fashion books on sunday! But such a great idea, will definitely order from the shop next time!