1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DreFindsVintage

DreFindsVintage Registered Guest

Just thought of this too, anyone know any info on the designer Toni Todd? I found a dress a while back and searched and searched on the Internet and did not come up with anything.

Attached Files:

2. DreFindsVintage

Well I just did an Etsy search and I came up with tons of listings, I swear these werent here a few months ago when I started all this vintage craziness. Or maybe I just didnt know what I was doing?!:wacko:
    Anyone have any idea of dates this dress may have been made?

3. Looks Mid to late 60's to me.

4. DreFindsVintage

5. I agree with Amber, but if you have photos of the labels that will help.

6. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Your dress looks very '60's to me, too - early to mid.

7. DreFindsVintage

this is the only tag on the dress

Attached Files:

8. Coutureallure

Coutureallure Alumni

Toni Todd was not a designer. It was a name given to the misses dress division of R & M Kaufman, Inc in Illinois. They also made the junior label Vicky Vaughn. Both lines were inexpensive mass produced labels, but the quality is still nicer than the fast fashion of today!

9. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

I totally agree with Jody! Actually, I didn't know that Vicky Vaughn was part of the same company that made Toni Todd. I've had several Vicky Vaughn dresses (and must have worn them as well "back in the day') and they've been both stylish and nicely made. And recently I acquired and sold in short order a Toni Todd dress that was of very high quality--definitely a couple of cuts above the typical 60s/70s poly double-knit fashions. The style was quite chic, the poly-knit fabric was very high quality, and the workmanship was lovely. Today work like this would be considered upscale!

10. DreFindsVintage

Thanks once again!