1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using the Label Resource in your listings.

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by fuzzylizzie, Apr 4, 2006.

1. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

The label resource is available at no charge to all members of the vintage community, and we encourage its use. We do ask that if you use the resource or copy parts of it on another site (such as eBay) that you credit VFG in the following way: "Information courtesy of The VintageFashionGuild Label Resource" or "Information courtesy of Contributor'sName/the VintageFashionGuild Label Resource.

Please note that the author of the bio owns the copyright to the work, and that the copyright is assigned to the VFG. In order to be in compliance with eBay's copyright policy, you must credit all copyrighted work.

Lizzie

Courtney Buckley likes this.
  2. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

Thanks Lizzie :) I assume the laws of copyright requiring the author be credited applies for websites (or anywhere else it's reproduced) too for that matter? I realise most people would do so out of courtesy anyway, but it's a good point to be aware of!

3. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

Absolutely, Harriet. The Net is just like the encyclodedia that your 6th grade teacher slapped your hand for copying! I'm not sure everyone realizes that.

Ebay does have a policy that is meant to help stop copyright infringement. Find it here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/compliant-listings.html

4. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Thank you, Lizzie!

5. max10

max10 Registered Guest

thanks for fuzzylizzie ,It is useful

6. Scorpio_Vintage

Scorpio_Vintage Registered Guest

Hi Lizzie, right on top as usual. I never use another label, as I don't think it's proper to use in my listing. Although I love the label resource, I only use pictures of the label that is attached to my item.

7. cactusandcattails

cactusandcattails VFG Member VFG Past President

This OP is in reference to the text. No one should be using a photo of a label other than what is on their garment.

But if one should use text from the LR, it should be credited.

8. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

Right. I was referring to the text. It had never occurred to me that anyone would copy the label photos, but a case of this did arise not too long ago.

It's hard to believe I wrote that over 5 years ago! And people are worse than ever about copying, and not just the Label Resource.