1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VBOs...So Far - So Good!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by bartondoll, May 26, 2004.

1. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

For some reason only about 7 of my VBOs that were scheduled to go up first thing this morning (i.e. 1:00 a.m.)
    were launched, so I just had to post the rest manually...but
    I've sold 2 so far! I fell short of my projected want list
    of having 30 and only had about 20 to go. I may put up
    some more tomorrow as 3 day ones.

I didn't do much with VBO last year due to time constraints
    and really had fun this year preparing for them.

Sue:)

PS...thanks nsweezie! :)

2. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

I am really itching to put something up - maybe i will do a one day auction just so i can try to move a couple of things : )

3. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Chris...go for it

4. elsewhere

elsewhere Guest

I'm churning them out.. slowly but steadily.

Of course.. I've also bought almost as much as I've listed.. so I'm not really clearing anything out!

Oh well ;)

Kristine

5. dibs2002

dibs2002 Registered Guest

There's tons of VBOs this time around! What are you guys buying? (Besides everything)?

LOL

Deb

6. nsweezie

nsweezie Registered Guest

Hello!

I've been buying a few things, 2 dresses from BartonDoll (can't wait to see them!), a suit, a coat and another couple of dresses.
    I just love VBO, it's my favorite time on Ebay, and I'm going to keep looking again tomorrow.
    I'm sure this is the biggest VBO yet, almost 1200 items. I'm not sure how many items were for sale in previous VBO's but I'm sure it isn't nearly as many as this time.
    Louise

7. elsewhere

elsewhere Guest

1200 items!!! Oh my gosh!

I'd better get my trigger finger ready....

Oh wait... LIST! I must LIST!

kristine
    ps- I bought something from Bartondoll, too :D

8. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

I didn't get to participate as a seller because this is my very busiest time at work. But I've been so impressed with all the good stuff offered this time around. And way over 2000 items, too. Nice job to all, and there's still lots of time to get a few bargains!

Lizzie

9. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

I got 10 listed....only 2 sold so far and only a few more hours to go. But it was fun and I made more than my listing fees, so I am happy with that. :) I love VBO, too........

Gail

10. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Final count for mine...listed 19 and sold 13, so I'm happy.

Half of the ones I listed I had scheduled to launch at
    1:00 - 2:00 a.m. right at the start and I do think that
    early start helped.

A couple of my 'loss' leader items (wonderful 50s linen
    dresses), which I was sure would go immediately did not
    sell, which surprised me.

Sue

11. I sold 13/14 which I am very happy with. I didn't have too much to sell which is a good thing. Means I am making better decisions with my buying.

12. nsweezie

nsweezie Registered Guest

Hello everyone!
    I hope VBO went well for everyone. I had a great time buying, and even managed to sell a few things myself.
    Thanks to Bartondoll! Your dresses arrived today, and are wonderful.
    Louise

13. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

Very happy with my sell-through! 11 out of 30 and all were relists, so not too much hard work for me. I even sold to two VFG members. :)

I am delighted with my 7 purchases! I bought 6 purses and one large lot of silver rings. I can't wait to receive my goods.

Louise, I was checking out the completed auctions a few times during the VBO and I must say many of the items I clicked on and liked were bought up by you - you have excellent taste and picked up some really lovely things.

14. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Louise! So happy you received the dresses already! (and that you like them!).

I purchased a couple of VBO items, and am anxiously awaiting delivery! :)