1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage French Black Lace Blouse Help Needed

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by glamoursurf, Nov 18, 2008.

1. glamoursurf

glamoursurf Alumni

Anyone know more about this than me? It's beautiful lace, sheer silk and expertly done. The only label is a very small 'Made in France' label.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. glamoursurf

glamoursurf Alumni

Here's a shot of the label:

[​IMG]

3. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

Look at the seams, lace insertions, and tucks carefully with a magnifying glass. If they are handmade, it is probably a couture blouse. Most blouses don't have labels.

Don't look at the shoulder seams. Even in couture they are probably machine stitched. Claire

4. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

Check the buttonholes too. Claire

5. glamoursurf

glamoursurf Alumni

Claire, thank you. I took out the magnifying glass and sure enough it is hand sewn. All the tucks on this piece are beautiful. I also found another label with a '40' on it.

6. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I love these silk chiffon blouses! They are so utterly feminine and the workmanship is extraordinary. Nice to see one in black, I have found many in cream and peachy pink tones, I think I have only run across 2 in black.

7. glamoursurf

glamoursurf Alumni

Thank you Mary Jane,

Any idea of a decade for me?

8. Coutureallure

Coutureallure Alumni

Pam, I think this is probably 30's. I had a similar blouse in lilac that was completely hand sewn a few years ago and it sold for over $200. Yours is so much sexier than mine was!

9. listitcafe

listitcafe Registered Guest

Its so pretty I would just display it. Love to see great workmanship!

-Chris

10. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I would say very early 40s on it. It is simply delish!