1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage makes a debut at the Alexandra Palace Antiques Fair, London, and I'll be selling!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG News - Announcements and events' started by Retro Ruth, May 4, 2013.

1. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

For the first time ever, there will be a vintage section at the famous Antiques & Collectors Fair at Alexandra Palace in North London. This antiques fair is 25 years old, and attracts collectors from around the globe, with around 600 stalls!

I'll be setting up in one of them, in the new vintage section, run by Pop Up Vintage Fairs London.

Find information about the Alexandra Palace Antiques & Collectors Fair here

My facebook post with the event details is here.

I'm really excited, as it the first fair I've done in awhile, and 'Ally Pally' is just up the road from me. I'm knee deep in stock getting ready!

Wish me luck, and if you're in London, come along.

Ruth

2. Retro Ruth

3. vintagedevotion

vintagedevotion VFG Board Member

Best of luck, Ruth! Hope it's extremely successful for you and a fun time as well!

Leonardo Da Vintage likes this.
  4. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

:cheer: Go Ruth! I wish you great success, and a great time too. How wonderful for you to have the opportunity to be one of the first vintage dealers at this legendary event. I know you will be mobbed with buyers. Woo hoo!

5. vivavintageclothing

vivavintageclothing VFG Member

Hooray, Ruth! :) Hope it goes very well for you--wish I could visit!

6. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Hope you sell loads of vintage finery here! Sounds like an amazing event! :drinkingtoast:

7. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

How exciting! Wish I could attend, but I'll have to just look forward to your glowing report afterwards...

Best of luck!

8. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

Wow Ruth, it sounds amazing, I hope you sell loads of your stock!!:cheer:

9. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

Alexandra Palace looks like a fabulous marketplace. I'm sure you'll sell lots and have a great time in the process. Good luck Ruth, and like Carrie, I look forward to your report.

10. Retro Ruth

Thanks everyone, I hope I will be able to give a glowing report! It's an untested venue for me and for vintage fashion so I don't know if the clientele will be looking for my kind of vintage, but the footfall is several thousand usually so hopefully it'll be worthwhile!

11. MissRita

MissRita Guest

Good for you Ruth, hope it goes great and you sell out! :cheer:

12. Retro Ruth

Just bumping this up for anyone who happens to be in London this weekend.

13. I wish! I used to live in three locations in Crouch End, at the base of Ally Pally - you must be close-ish to my old stomping ground. I love it around there.

Sell lots Ruth!

14. Retro Ruth

I live in Bounds Green, which is just down the road from Ally Pally. I know Crouch End really well, too.

15. Not far at all! It's a nice part of London.

16. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

"Ally Pally", "Crouch End", antique fairs in a palace?

I really have to visit London one of these years!

Hope it's a fantastic weekend for you, Ruth. :USETHUMBUP:

17. Retro Ruth

Thanks Carrie!

Here's Alexandra Palace - not a royal palace, and sometimes called "The People's Palace". It was built in 1873.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

What an amazing building--and an amazing venue!

Like selling in the Louvre... :)

19. EndlessAlley

EndlessAlley Alumni

Ruth it looks like a fabulous place and a fabulous opportunity. Wishing you a delightful time and & $uccess $elling.

20. sarah-jane

sarah-jane VFG Member

Yes, photos please Ruth! Good luck. I'm off to a fair too today, at Mount Ephraim, a little stately home in Kent. Also the first time they've done it, so fingers crossed all round.