1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage makes a debut at the Alexandra Palace Antiques Fair, London, and I'll be selling!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG News - Announcements and events' started by Retro Ruth, May 4, 2013.

1. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

I want to go!!!!!

2. sewingmachinegirl

hey Sarah- we posted at the same time again!! :clapping:

3. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

4. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

The photos show everything they need to--the booth looks amazing, full of varied and wonderful stuff, and you look lovely!

Hope you made $$$!

5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

You had a great booth....nice size to it too! Hope you made loads of $$$. Thank you for sharing the photos with us, Ruth!

6. vintagedevotion

vintagedevotion VFG Board Member

Your booth looks great and so do you! Boy, what temptation. Wish I could have been there. Hope it went really well for you. Can't wait to hear about it!

7. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

Your booth looks so inviting as well as cozy Ruth. I bet you did really well!

8. Retro Ruth

Thanks everyone! I did reasonably well though not outstandingly so, it was apparently less busy than usual. But it was a great day, and I made lots of contacts too.

9. sarah-jane

sarah-jane VFG Member

Ruth, what a venue and you look great! Not to hijack, but HERE is my album of photos from the fair I attended yesterday, also taken on a phone so not brilliant. Also had a great day, but in the fun stakes rather than the £ stakes!

10. Retro Ruth

Ooh that looks great too!

11. sewingmachinegirl

Fantastic photos Ruth and Sarah :cheer:

12. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

13. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

Wowee. That is a fabulous venue. Wonderful photos Ruth. I want to dig thru the racks just looking at them.

Leonardo Da Vintage likes this.
  14. Great photos everyone!

Ruth - I'm ashamed to admit that is the first time I've seen the interior of Ally Pally. I might have lived next door for two years, and enjoyed the park and walked around the building many times but never inside. It was only open for special occasions, and I neglected to attend any of them.

As an aside, once when I was walking up that hill I passed David Vanian from The Damned, who nervously thought I was an enthusiastic fan, so tried to walk faster and get away. He was my neighbour, and lived in an Addams Family style house with a vintage hearse on the lawn. I worked for a while in a French patisserie called "The Queen of Tarts" and sold him his bread and croissants each day (along with Ray Davies, that neighbourhood is full of interesting people).

I miss London.

15. Retro Ruth

I remember the Queen of Tarts! If it's the same one - it was at the bottom of Ally Pally/Muswell Hill, towards Crouch End? I have been in there once or twice, I don't think it's there anymore though. When did you work there - I wonder if we even met!

Yes there are a lot of interesting people round here.

Alexandra Palace has just got a huge lottery grant for restoration. Half the building is derelict since the big fire in the 1980s. The great hall where I was, big as it is, is only a section. Apparently there's a small theatre in there somewhere, that hasn't been used since the 1930s. I think they are going to open up the BBC Tower, at one end, where television was born, for something as well.