1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Swimwear in Manchester

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG News - Announcements and events' started by Newshoes, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Newshoes

Newshoes Registered Guest

2. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

That looks fab!

I love vintage M&S as well. I guess coz I still shop there, I find it exciting to see the company's history.

3. Newshoes

Ah there's some lovely stuff - I work in the archive (hence the being biased!). It was so much fun selecting the cosies for the exhibition!

4. Retro Ruth

Oh do you? Now that is interesting! Can we come to you with all our St Michael questions? :)

sewingmachinegirl likes this.
  5. Newshoes

Ha, I've only just started - give me a few months and I'll be on it!

6. Retro Ruth

Okay, I'll hold back! There was something I was trying to find out awhile back, and I emailed them, but they were in the middle of moving the archive and couldn't answer me.

What a great job though, and I'm very glad to have you here.

7. Newshoes

Ah we're all settled in now - drop us an email on [email protected] if you like and I'll keep an eye out!

Katie

8. Retro Ruth

Great thanks! I've half forgotten, but I think I was hoping for a precise year for when the labels started saying 'St Michael from Marks and Spencer'. I'll send an email.

9. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

Gosh Katie , I wish I could go to this, its sounds brilliant!! :)

10. Newshoes

The building itself is well worth a visit. .

. 20140404_125311_resized.jpg 20140404_125338_resized.jpg 20140404_123825_resized.jpg 20140404_122705_resized.jpg

Retro Ruth likes this.
  11. Retro Ruth

I'm down in London, but if I'm ever up that way I shall check it out.

Newshoes likes this.
  12. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

That looks like a fab venue for a swimwear exhibition! My sister used to travel to Stockton for dance rehearsals so I will have to see if I can catch a ride the next time they go. There is actually a large swimwear exhibition near me at Snibston Discovery Park that I have *still* not been to (Taking the Plunge) but am desperate to.
    Am I imaginging it or did they not film last seasons finale of Sherlock holmes in a victorian bathing house? It looks very familiar.
    I will also be sending some St Michael queries your way! - I have just aquired a floral rayon crepe dressing gown from a wedding trousseau c.1952 but it has the older style label.

13. Newshoes

They've done a lot of filming there I think so you could be right, a few days before we were there one of the pools had been covered and used as a horse auction!