1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WANTED: dark green plastic rectangular belt buckle with 2 1/4" slot

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Pinkcoke, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

the one on my 1940's princess coat just broke :( can't wear it without the belt.
    DSCF8974.JPG

2. NovaFashions

NovaFashions VFG Member

Melanie, I have been coming across a lot of belts lately, and I was just mentioning it earlier today, a lot of green items.

I will definitely keep an eye out for you.

What about a dark tortoise or black if green doesn't show up sooner or later, or someone else doesn't have one?
    Would that work, even temporarily until one in the right color came up?

3. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Thanks Lynn,
    I've put feelers out in a few places so I will try for a green buckle first. I worked out last night I could turn the remaining half round and reattach the broken half on the less -weight bearing side above the fabric (so the buckle is now back to front) in the hope this may mean it's less likely to break there again.

4. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

Melanie, I have some green plastic buckles, not sure if any of them are that big but I will have a look.

OK, sorry, none of them are that big.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  5. NovaFashions

NovaFashions VFG Member

Melanie, this buckle slot is a bit smaller at about 1/16th over 1 1/2".
    I wasn't sure how stiff your belt was, or if you could fold each side in a bit.
    Took these at night with a bright light, but it's a dark green.
    If you think it might work, message me your address and I pop in in an envelope and send it off for you.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Is the slot on your buckle 2 1/4 inch or 2 inches?
    Wasn't sure if it was just the picture angle or me and my vision (very possible) :)

[​IMG]

6. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Lynn thanks very much but the slot on my buckle is 2 1/4" the belt itself is 2" wide but it's thick boucle wool so needs some room or it wears thin (like the middle spot)
    That's the closest match I've seen to what I need though. I'm wondering if I could cut the slots bigger with a jigsaw.... how wide is it through the middle and at the peaks?

7. NovaFashions

NovaFashions VFG Member

I know what you mean, I thought it looked like boucle.

I don't know about a jigsaw on this type of plastic, it might shatter but I don't know.

Anyway, it might just be easier to try it... it's only a stamp, as I can just send it like a letter.

[​IMG]

8. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Thanks Lynn but I can see from the total measurements it's not going to work. I need a buckle that buckle will fit through! Shame it would have looked great.

9. NovaFashions

NovaFashions VFG Member

Too bad, it was a close match. I'll keep an eye out. :USETHUMBUP:

It was a great stop for me in any case, got some great MCM items including a Larin necklace, so I'll be there again.

Pinkcoke likes this.