1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted: Hungarian Peasant Blouses

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by DiamondGirl, Mar 4, 2014.

1. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Registered Guest

Hi,
    I'm new here and to forums in general, please excuse any errors on my part:oops:. I collect 1930's embroidered peasant blouses only in excellent condition. Anyone have any, or know where to find?
    I love the white and the black ones.
    Thanks, this is fun!
    DiamondGirl

2. DiamondGirl

Arg! I meant to put in "looking for" section, don't know how to move. Told you I was new at this:oops: please move or I will delete and post in correct section.
    Thank-you!

3. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

No worries, I've moved it for you :) I hope our members will have some Hungarian blouses for you.

4. DiamondGirl

Thank-you very much!

5. carla rey

carla rey VFG Member

Hi DiamondGirl!
    I have a beautiful Hungarian blouse I will be listing this afternoon! I'll convo you when it's listed!

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  6. Hello DiamondGirl, I have a couple of beautiful older embroidered blouses from a wonderful collection I had from the famous textile collector and writer Sheila Paine (google her!). They are colourful embroidery on fine muslin cotton. I have had the black & white Slovenian type ones but none at the moment. I collect folk costume, both for myself and to sell in the shop, so always try to source some good quality pieces. I can photo the ones I have left and if you'd like to send your contact details via my website contact form I will email you all the details (I don't have online shop at the mo, although much stock is on my business facebook page). Best regards, Deborah (I attach thumbnail I found of one blouse I think I have left, it's a short length girls blouse, c1920s and older/rarer than most) Folk blouse emb 20s short 5-1.JPG

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  7. DiamondGirl

Hi Deborah
    Thank-you for your reply, the one in picture is pretty however the ones I collect are the lighter weight voile type.
    I did look at your facebook pages and it enjoyed your booty!
    Thanks DiamondGirl

8. Hi Diamond Girl
    Just seen your reply. Here's some Blouse 30s cotton emb no6 01.JPG Folk blouse 30s red blue hex 1.JPG Folk Blouse 30s cotton emb no6 02.JPG photos of the last gauzy embroidered blouse I have from the original collection, which is in a fine light weight voile. photo 1.JPG (I took one photo against the light, hopefully shows!). This one has very beautiful fine embroidery and lots of little details; original tiny drawstrings on each side of waist, original draw thread at neck, slight smocking on the neck edging embroidery etc. The older short one I put photo up of is also a muslin (not thicker cotton) but slightly thicker type. Do get in touch by email if any Qs.
    Best regards
    Deborah Blouse 30s cotton emb no6 01.JPG

Attached Files:

9. carla rey

carla rey VFG Member

10. Delaney52

Delaney52 Registered Guest

I've just seen a really beautiful one on Etsy. It's spring green with pink floral embroidery. I'm not allowed to disclose the shop name as per VFG rules (they might be a VFG member, I'm not certain), but I bet you could find it in a search.

11. thanks Carla. It is really lovely..quite a work of art. Photographing it again made me realised how incredible and intricate the work on it is! Sadly my last one of this quality from the amazing collection I had.

carla rey likes this.
  12. DiamondGirl

That is pretty, are you allowed to tell me how much it costs? What size is it?

13. Hi Diamond Girl, I've only just seen your message, so sorry! I have someone interested in this blouse but so is pending but not sold as yet. Do get in touch via my website contact form or if you're in UK you can call the shop, to leave your email address etc. My contact details also on my Facebook business page. Thanks :)