1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WANTED: Slim fit small or extra small men's shirts 14.5" collar

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Pinkcoke, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Trying to convert my sister's boyfriend to vintage, as they really struggle to find shirts small enough for him. He is a 34" chest, and anything other than a slim fit shirt in modern sizes swamps him. Preferences are deadstock (he's not opposed to vintage, just the idea that someone else has worn it lol) not check, not button down collar, no pocket. I know this is getting to be a tall order, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway as small sizes are normally a hard sell - maybe you have loads somewhere?!

2. Melanie, I've got plenty of small size men's shirts but slim fit is a modern idea - well, let's forget the body hugging styles of the '70s Disco era with the whopping big collars and 100% polyester, shall we? Other than that brief time men have preferred their shirts a bit baggier.

You can always take the sides in of course. There's always ladieswear too...

3. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Nicole, that's virtually what I said, however the sleeves are also too big in width. Some of the 70's styles would suit (generally the less wild variety :) )

4. In that case, how does he feel about lipstick red polyester? I think I have something.

5. vikram

vikram Registered Guest

even i too like vintage fashion so can anyone suggest the type of shirt one should wear to feel vintage feeling.

6. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Unfortunately not Nicole, he's all pale - blue eyes blonde hair - couldn't carry off red unfortunately. Navy and Purple he could do.