1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WANTED: Vintage covered belt kit

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Elsewhere, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

I have a costume designer friend looking for a vintage covered belt kit.
    I was going to explain further -- but I think it kind of explains itself!

Please let me know if you have one!
    Thanks!
    :roll:

2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Do you mean Dritz belting that comes in a roll that you cover in fabric to match your dress?

3. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

I have quite a few buckles that are in kits.

4. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

I'll ask her for more clarification (guess it WASN'T clear enough!) -- I have in my mind what it is I think she's looking for because it seems like I've SEEN something like this at estate sales.

I'll let you know what she says :)

5. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

Ok -- here's what she says:

I'm actually looking just for the cover yourself buckle. Something that's a little more exciting than the typical Dritz rectangle or oval. One of the shows at the opera has some vintage clothes in it and the belts are fabric covered with like...more of a butterfly shaped fabric covered buckle. The belt is too small for the person wearing the costume, & it's a rental so we can't take it apart...it was made in NYC less than 5 years ago so there "should" be a vendor this stuff but...

If we don't find anything it's fine, just trying to stay close to the original integrity of the show.

THANKS for looking!!!!