1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WAS "Wanted: Silver Shoes" NOW: "Bridezilla's Revenge!"

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Patentleathershoes, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

WAS \"Wanted: Silver Shoes\" NOW: \"Bridezilla\'s Revenge!\"

I have avoided being a bridesmaid so far. Until now. My sister is getting married in September, and I am a bridesmaid for the first time. Luckily, she has diverted from the route of dyeable shoes that you can only usually wear one time, and we can pick our own shoes within reaason

They have to be:

- silver (from matte to sparkly)
    - strappy/open toe
    - heel over 1 1/2" (so a noticeable heel)
    - size 8. Depending on measurements an 8.5N or an 8.5 is a possibility too

I have a 50s dress I am wearing to a cousins wedding in June, so if the shoes style wise weren't out of line with that dress either and I could get double use, that's even grander (but not required at all). They don't have to be 50s - they just can't "clash miserably"

I guess the key is that they have to be more feminine than my usual idea of mod shoes (i guess its possible if they are not pilgrim style) or chunky heels.

Whatever I look at, I will have to show her a picture for approval. So if it is something you have up at auction that ends in a day, I will probably have to pass as I won't be able to get approval that quick as she is not always online.

This is the dress she picked:

http://davidsbridal.com/bridesmaids_detail.jsp?stid=1362&prodgroup=110

Color is lilac (the lighter of the two purples).
    I have not tried the dress on yet. The nearest shop is 2 hours away so i have to make a day of it. The only problem is that its a halter...even though I told her I would wear anything unless it requires a strapless bra! That's another hunting trip...

Its a September wedding, and its in the evening. (like a 6:30 pm wedding outdoors with an indoor reception.

Anyways, so i have at least til the end of May to find something but if anyone has something that might work, lemme know!

Oh--- condition wise. Probably excellent. Doesn't have to be "mint". Some bottom scuffing is okay, but can't need repairs. Normally, I don't care what the insides look like but because these might be more open shoes, and a glimpse of the foot bed might be seen, those have to look alright.

Chris

2. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

Fantastic! I don't have any open toes ones I don't think, but will check as goodness knows sometimes, I forget what I have. Shall keep an eye out eitherway!
    Dress looks lovely, really simple.. you're lucky - I've worn some corkers in my time, if you know what I mean :D

3. PodVintage

PodVintage Alumni

4. Patentleathershoes

ooohh those are cute!

Will have to run those by "the queen".

I usually can't take an "A' width, but the width they are measuring seems to be fine....but the length is too short for me....very odd.

5. Hattysattic

I keep looking Chris! Am hopefully going to the big antiques centre near me today and they have the odd bit of vintage, so will take your measurements.
    Just need to persuade DH it's a good idea, although I've lost my voice completely at the moment (much to his delight, he says it's very peaceful..) and he is taking advantage of not being able to hear me...

6. Patentleathershoes

Thanks Harriet.

Only get em though if they have appeal to others so when you list them its not just for my benefit...as I have to run potentials by "the queen." I have a feeling of what she really wants, even though she is giving me a little flexibility. You know those "barely shoes" with just a few little straps. But i have to remind her that its an outdoor wedding in september and I am a clutz.
    I LOVE these but i don't think these will fly with her

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/7538062/c/3298/g/women/s/7.html

But we'll see.

This typw of style is cool..but doubt i wil be able to walk in them
    http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7174459.html

7. bug12oz

bug12oz Registered Guest

Oh lordy.......

She really does want you to fall at the wedding.

8. Patentleathershoes

well..she doesn't say anything about those.

I think she wants the type with a kitten heel (but taller heel), mule with just the little crisscross over the toe. I AIN'T wearin em. Not that they aren't cute...but i will trip

9. PodVintage

PodVintage Alumni

10. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

Oh my, those "stunning" ones on eBay are indeed stunning!

Chris, those Rocha heels with ankle straps are wonderful! I cannot imagine wearing what you describe as what your sis wants without one's feet falling out of them and one's face hitting the ground shortly thereafter....

11. PodVintage

PodVintage Alumni

12. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

13. Patentleathershoes

Maggie, I love those!

So classy!

Unfortunately the queen declared that they MUST be open toe.

14. bug12oz

bug12oz Registered Guest

LOL!!!!

You are going to drive yourself crazy looking for silver shoes Chris!

15. MyVintageCocktail

Chris, are you still looking for silver shoes? Here's a pair of open-toe heels:

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-1950s-Peep-Toe-Shoes-Pumps-8-5-Springolators_W0QQitemZ8401176973QQcategoryZ74980QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem">Springolators</a>

16. Hattysattic

Oh I love those Anne! Am still looking Chris :)

17. Patentleathershoes

Those are nice, Anne.

But :;;sigh:: they are deemed as "too busy"

:wacko:

18. bug12oz

bug12oz Registered Guest

AGH!!!!!!!!

I feel your pain and suffering like it was my own........

19. MyVintageCocktail

Maybe your sister should have shoes custom made for the bridal party? :no:

20. Patentleathershoes

Hey Jamie GUESS WHAT.

Want to suffer some more? LOL

My mother called.

I shoulda known something was wrong because dad gets on the phone first to put me in a good mood to prep me for mom...

the DRESSS was DISCONTINUED>

I told my sister that picking a dress a year in advance...THIS would definitely happen! ANd because she picked a spring dress for a fall wedding, they would probably end it at the end of the season apropriate to it or just before.

So...good news is that they reduced it drastically. Bad news is nearest store to try it on is 2 hours away and i just can't get there within 3 days.

So, my mom took my measurements adn is going to pick up the dress in the size "the girl at the store thinks".(

She said "don't worry,...they can alter it". But i have a feeling they will have to alter it 3 sizes down, or it will be way too small.

I told her to just cancel the dresses on account that her whole party couldn't be fitted in time or they would not match. And you guessed it...I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO DOESN"T HAVE IT YET

I ALSO offered this dandy solution which i thought made great sense....as I am the only married gal in the wedding party...make me the matron of honor. I will wear the same color, but get a different style dress. I thought that was the perfect solution. And it solves having people ask my sister why didn't she pick her one sister as the maid of honor. Having the matron of honor and her friend as the maid of honor will look intentional and she wanted to include us both, but this was the solution to make it so.

It would also solve the problem of me telling my sister no dresses that need strapless bras in the first place!

But NOOOO.

Although this would solve about 50 problems
    1) my not being able to try the dress on in a reasonable amount of time
    2) my not wanting to wear a strapless bra (not just preference...they are darned hard to find in my size
    3) my sister not having to answer questions about not picking me as maid of honor
    4) the dress having to be chopped because i am too short for it.
    5) possible dye lot issues anyhow.

NOOO!!