1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We're OPEN FOR BUSINESS!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG Fashion Parades' started by Elsewhere, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

Thanks, gals! ;)

We "opened" last night for a small shindig and had someone come in and buy something - but TODAY will be our first real day open. This weekend is the HUGE "International Street Fair".
    http://orangestreetfair.org/index.php

We're getting conflicting answers about the street fair - some people say "OPEN!". Others say "don't bother. It's a big drunk fest, no one BUYS anything, and it's more of a hassle trying to keep drunks out of your bathroom than the sales are worth". LOL!
    But -- the fair doesn't start until 5pm tonight. We're going to test the waters and see what happens. If it sucks, we'll close & take the weekend off.

No signage yet - that's in the works. My uncle is a sign maker :)
    The property management is supposed to be replacing the windows, so we haven't done anything with them, yet.
    We're also still waiting for our darn POS system. I don't even have everything priced, yet!
    AND we'll be painting the front of the building, too - but that will have to be next week.

2. dorotheascloset

dorotheascloset Registered Guest

"I don't even have everything priced, yet! "

:lol:

I never have everything priced!!!! I am bad at setting stuff out, meaning to price it and forgetting......!

Ang

3. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Kristine, everything looks so wonderful!! Congrats on
    succeeding with a huge undertaking! Wishing you
    much success!

Sue:)

4. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

LOL!!
    I don't even think that's an option for me since my sister will be manning the shop most of the time. I'm hoping to get to MOST of it today (unless we're super busy!) but I'm pretty sure my chances of success are almost nil...

BUT -- hopefully SOON I'll have internet in the store! Yay! I'm supposed to have it already but it's not working. Boo. Plus I don't have a computer there yet, anyway.

5. I know this is a long time coming with many false starts....so a HUGE congrats to you on a job well done!!! Love that it is a family affair too!

The color is yummy and I am lovin' your overhead lighting - great choice!!

Can't wait to come visit in person sometime this year!!!!!!!!!

6. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

Persistence pays off! Congratulations on your opening.
    :wow22:

7. atticville

atticville Alumni

Kristine- Your Windows Are Fabulous!! And Those lights... Are they starbust lights?! Amazing, It's killin' me not to be inside, Congrats!!

8. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

:drinkingtoast:

Congrats, Kristine--your shop looks fantastic, inside and out--I especially love the window display with the pink luggage and hatboxes!

Good luck with your website ventures, too (my, you must have an inexhaustible supply of energy!) Hope the sales just keep rolling in!

9. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

GOOD GIRL! It looks great! It's wonderful you have a sis to (wo)man the shop.

Oh, and I actually have that pink luggage...given to me when I was about 9.

10. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

since so many people have asked, I should mention that the lights are called "IQ lamps" and you can get them very cheaply on eBay for about $12. I don't recall the seller right now, but I'm sure you could do a quick search and find them. They're made of PETA plastic! Yay!

Of course, they're a bitch to put together! LOL! My mom's boyfriend finally figured them out after my brain exploded! But all the lighting in the store cost only $100 :D

We've had a TON of people through this evening since the Fair started - so many people have told me how much they LOVE my store! Yay!

11. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

Kristine, the store is beautiful! Congratulations to you.

Lizzie

12. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

A couple more Grand Opening pix -- stolen from my sis' MySpace page, so I hope they show up!!

[​IMG]

Me, with bad ponytail hair. It's been HOT and HUMID in California this week!
    [​IMG]

My first customer! She bought an 80's dress, by the way ;)
    [​IMG][/img]
    nevermind the Capt Morgan's in the foreground!
    :booze:

13. mercyonthesubway

mercyonthesubway Registered Guest

Fan-TASTIC. I especially appreciate the bottle in shot...!

L

14. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Great Kristine - I'd be in there in half a second. And you are lovely!

15. debutanteclothing

debutanteclothing VFG Board Member

Everything looks beautiful. It does not look like a typical vintage store at all. Very upscale boutique. I love that you have edited everything. It looks very clean and organized. I can't wait to come in!!!

Sandra

16. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

We're already selling at a pretty quick clip!

That pink floral 70's sundress in the window? Sold today for $88. :D

Looks like I got one of the local fashionistas (with cash to spend!) by the ear today. Sounds like she buys a LOT - and has lots of rich friends she's planning to bring by.
    Yay!

But I feel like this:

:dogs:

Sometimes people who I don't like (for whatever reason, although it's not like I really KNOW them) pick up a favorite piece and I find myself silently willing them to put it down and NOT buy it.
    I think I'm crazy!

But everything in my store is hand-picked by me and I LOVE everything in the store! LOL! So I only want NICE people to have it!:USING:

17. debutanteclothing

debutanteclothing VFG Board Member

God bless the fashionistas with $$$. I was bragging about you to my DH today. And then we went to go paint my pitiful 6x8 mall space. LOL. I can dream.

18. hatfeathers

hatfeathers VFG Member

K, can we have the official name and address of this oasis of vintage? I will put a bit on my blog about it, and maybe others will too. Who knows if the 18 people a week that read mine are anywhere near CA, but still, I wanna do it!

19. Yes, please. Could you post your address for us!! I think I may find myself in your neck of the woods in October!!

BTW...did I tell you how proud I am of you!! You go girl!

Bonnie

20. ivycompany

ivycompany Alumni

Your store looks fantastic and so do you! Congratulations!
    I'll definitely pay a visit next time I'm south....