1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What type of hats are these?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Hunter81, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Hunter81

Hunter81 Registered Guest

Hello,
    I need help identifying the style of two vintage hats I own. One is union-made Sandra New York and the other is Jack McConnell Boutique. I have researched both designers. I will be selling them and want to make sure I describe them correctly in my listing. Does anyone recognize these two styles? (By the way, I feel like the yellow hat is missing something. It just doesn't look right.)

2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Hi,

I would call both of those a Breton style hat, or a roller brim style. The white McConnell hat needs to have the brim turned back "up" in front as someone has pulled it down and it is badly out of shape. I can tell it was originally turned up, and you can also tell by the exposed seam in front, which should be turned to the underside or back. You need to roll the brim back up in front. Both look like some sort of synthetic straw braid. Sandra looks 1960s and the JM looks 1960s to early 1970s time period.

I agree the yellow hat looks as if something is missing in the front, or perhaps the ribbon is just frayed?