1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which shopping cart do you use?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Retroragswi_com, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Retroragswi_com

Retroragswi_com Registered Guest

We've had our merchant account for about 5 years now but really don't get much use out of it via eBay sales. It seems nearly every customer uses PayPal now.

I'm in the process of researching shopping carts to add to our website (we currently just have it set up with PayPal's shopping cart) and wondered which cart you use and how happy you are with it.

If it makes a difference our merchant account is with Wells Fargo.

Thanks,

--kari

2. Laura

Laura Alumni

I use <a href="https://www.mals-e.com" target=blank>Mal's E-comm cart.</a> I've been using it for about four years now.

A nice thing about Mal's is that you can use it with Paypal and/or you can set it up for a merchant account if you have one. I don't, so I have it set up for Paypal.

Every once in a while I come across a situation where I want to do something that the cart doesn't support, but it hasn't been a big enough issue to make me switch.

My Mal's account is free, but they do have a pay service, too.

My only warning about Mal's - You <strong>must</strong> go to the website to check your orders (and Mal tells you that on the site.) It sends out order confirmations to your email address, but I almost never receive them. The only way I find out about most orders is by checking Mal's website or by receiving a Paypal payment notice.

Laura

3. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

All the sales I did through my private website were with Paypal's shopping cart. I had no problems with it.
    If you have a basic knowledge of HTML you won't need to create a new button for each listing... you just tweak the title/price in the code & voila! Paypal handles keeping track of the buyers shopping cart.
    I found it pretty easy.

4. BagDiva

BagDiva Guest

hi, for my penn'orth's..l dont have a cart, ad l ahve one off items...and couldnt see the advantage. so l would welcome nayones thoughts on this actually!

l also thought it would fuss up an already fussed up web site...

ld love to have your feedback and would happpily reconsider...
    thanks