1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who knew Shaheen made sweatshirts?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Elsewhere, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

I recently bought out the best of the estate of a VERY fashionable woman who owned a VERY upscale women's clothing boutique in the 60's, 70's & early 80's.

There was a plethora of both personal clothing and deadstock from her store (Among many things, I have a FANTASTIC 80s wide black leather belt with an amazing artglass buckle - her price? $160!!!).

Among this stuff were several Miss K (Shaheen's youth line in the 70s, I believe - same label as on the resource) sweatshirts - some short-sleeved. Some split down the front like a cardigan (!!)
    All with fantastic designs & the famous Shaheen signature.

Here's one that I already sold for $35

[​IMG]

My sister made off with another with a crazy WOLF on the front. I think I have another in that design in the cardigan style.

really nice quality -- not like the rag-like sweatshirts you find today!

Just thought I'd share :)

2. thevintagebungalow

thevintagebungalow VFG Member

I would have never expected the Shaheen line to include sweatshirts! Very cool!

3. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

...and with a 20s-style tennis girl! I had no idea! I have had one t-shirt by Shaheen, but never a sweatshirt.

4. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

That sounds like quite a "haul." Neat on the Shaheen sweatshirt - thanks for sharing.

5. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

6. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

Uhhh.... Sorry to be a thread killer. I was joking...

7. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

LOL wow!

that's some memory, Lizzie!

And AWESOME that it's exactly the same design!

I'll have to take pics of the other ones for y'all when I bring them in - or when my sister wears the one she absconded with...