1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wool, a Love Story

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by denisebrain, Oct 12, 2005.

1. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Actually I have always considered myself sensitive to wool, getting red-faced when wearing even a soft sweater. Now I have for sale two vintage wool items that I could wear day-in and day-out and there could not possibly be a reaction. These are quite different in style and era, but both just spectacular:

Italian Black Soft Wool Knit Mod Coat

and,

1940s Fine Green Gabardine Suit-Like New

2. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

wow! i know this has been asked of you before but how can you bear to part with things when you look so fabulous in them!
    the black jacket is super smart, and the green suit is pretty much to die for... don't suppose there's any possibility of squeezing another half an inch or so onto the waist measurement? if not then that's probably a very good thing for my bank balance :saint:
    lovely stuff as ever!!

3. denisebrain

Thanks Harriet! Glad you like. I'm afraid there is not much squeezing room in that suit, so your balance is safe for now!

I love SO MANY vintage items, but I can bear to part with them mainly because of the prospect of earning a living. A few get to stay--here and there--don't worry!

4. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

OMG that suit fits me! I must go rob a bank.

And that jacket is spectacular. You said it has stretch...if it was a little figure hugging on the hips, would it look odd? What am i thinking..i don't need another coat in Florida ha ha

5. denisebrain

Oh definitely the coat stretches well. I know how your winters are in Florida! :snowman: You probably need to stock up on coats Chris! :D

6. Patentleathershoes

I have to get out my coat! Its from a comapny that was contracted by the govt to make ladies cadet uniforms so it is very millitary influenced. I absolutely love it. I was upset though when my husband talked me into leaving my coat at home when we went up north last fall. Big mistake.

I do wear wool suits though. We live farther north in florida and we get 5 months of fall. part of its not wool weather, but part of it really gets to be. Just without the snow suits over it

7. Oh my gosh, I love both of them but since I am partial to green...It's enough to make you go on a diet so you could fit into it!

8. Patentleathershoes

that's it! I am off to rob a bank..will be back LOL

9. bug12oz

bug12oz Registered Guest

LOL.....robbing banks and going on diets.....I think that should be known as the "vintage" theme for us!!!!!!:headbang::hysterical:

10. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

That green suit is wonderful -- and I like the hat you put with it in your pics too!

11. Leisa

Leisa VFG Member

YOWZA!

I LOVE the Green, too! It is such a great color for us redheads!
    You ought to do really well with it, Maggie. It just really looks like it was made for you, though.

leisa
    (who's gained so much weight she couldn't possibly fit into a 26" waist, diet or not.)

12. denisebrain

Thank you, thank you! I hope, hope, hope that the fish will bite! (Thank YOU for the bite Ms. *Junque*!)

Harriet asked earlier how I can give things up if they look good on me, and that hat is an example of something I just can't bear to part with. I realize this would be a perfect time to sell it, with the suit, but it's strictly NFS!