1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You in the 1980s!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by denisebrain, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

This is nice thread to revive!

I have one - not much fashion on show, but check out my perm! I'm about 16 here I think, not quite sure.

That's my half-brother on my lap, in case you were thinking I was a teenage pregnancy statistic.

Ruth and Max.jpg

2. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

This is very brave of me but here you go , approx. 1986-1987.
    I am on the far right, and we have may just have had quite a few drinks already!. The party was themed I guess?? :hysterical:Excuse the fuzziness its a photo of a photo!
    [​IMG]

Leonardo Da Vintage likes this.
  3. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

me too- we MUST see it!

4. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

OOPS! Didn't realize this post was 4 years old and Public.

What a great post it is though.

jazzbug and Leonardo Da Vintage like this.
  5. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

Love this thread.

6. Gorgeous Linda - I like your taste in fun jewellery! Although I can't agree with you on the earrings being timeless, I think they're wonderful precisely because they're so of their time!

But then that's what I love about vintage - there's a place for timeless, classic design (hello Chanel) but it's the trends and gimmicks that have a special place in my heart - the zeitgeist items that just scream a particular pocket of history.

Loving this thread, Gayle, you and your chums make me smile every time. I really should see if I can dig out some old pics. Even though I wore vintage, big hair comes naturally to me so I look very '80s any way.

7. jazzbug

jazzbug Alumni

I just found this thread and didn't notice the original date it was posted. I had such fun going through my old albums and scanning these, I figured, might as well post 'em, now!

Advertisement I posed for - a Venice, CA shoe store ad (modeling the shoes), but patterned stockings were very IN and yes, I myself provided the tights!
    [​IMG]
    copyright 2013 Laurie Pastor - permission to reproduce this image is prohibited

Yes, I wore vintage almost exclusively!
    See:
    [​IMG]
    Except for the sunglasses:
    [​IMG]

Vintage Dress in a vintage 65 Mustang Convertible -- I was all about vintage (but not the earrings). Oh my -- how serious we all were:
    [​IMG]

Even got rock star boyfriend into vintage cowboy shirts
    I wear a vintage beaded sweater, here:
    [​IMG]

Before the internet: We used to have to design our own vintage looking gown to be made because it was too hard to find a real vintage wedding gown!
    Here's a look at what the guys were wearing in 1987:
    [​IMG]

My vintage inspired -a la Crawford - headshot was NOT a real winner with casting agents in LA, but, hey, I tried it anyway:
    [​IMG]

honeychurch likes this.
  8. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Laurie you're gorgeous! and I wish I had a headshot like that :jawdrop:

9. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

10. Such great pics - and I love the Crawford shot!

11. jazzbug

jazzbug Alumni

That was a fun walk down memory lane for me, today! Thanks for appreciating my former self - ha!

12. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

I think this was a great thread to revive...regular 80s revivals are de rigueur, oui?

Laurie, I know you look beautiful now so I'm not terribly surprised you were breathtaking, really!

If anyone wants to see, or revisit the little project I did with our 1980s photos, it is here: http://denisebrain.blogspot.com/search?q=Friends in the 80s

We had just lost one of our members, Mary Catherine Lamb, so at the last moment she became part of this too.

cactusandcattails likes this.
  13. jazzbug

jazzbug Alumni

Oh yes, thank you for posting a link to your 80s blog -- I was previously looking for it and couldn't find it.

You're the BEST!

Gosh, golly, gee-whiz. . . thanks very much for the compliments, girlfriend.

14. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

This has been fun to look at. I hope more folks post photos.

15. sarah-jane

sarah-jane VFG Member

Well I would, but maybe we should finish on the jaw-dropping gorgeousness that is Laurie. It's downhill from that! :wub:

Sarah

16. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Laurie, what beautiful shots! I actually see a bit of an Ava Gardner look in that head shot of yours!

17. Ltotm

Ltotm Registered Guest

amazing shots by everyone. I love 80s picture. I do not have them, since I was still in the making :P

Leonardo Da Vintage likes this.