1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your First Piece

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Linn, Jun 16, 2009.

1. vivavintageclothing

vivavintageclothing VFG Member

My very first vintage piece was this little "topaz" rhinestone pin, that my mom bought for me after much begging, when I was about 12. I loved this color . . . (forgive the bad scan)

[​IMG]

But my first piece consciously bought as vintage (not a 60's mens jacket bought for $2 from the Salvation Army, worn with the sleeves rolled up--but a dress actually bought from a real, live vintage store!) was this brown iridescent taffeta and lace 2-piece dress from the 1950's, that I wore to a dance in 1989. I couldn't fill out the top properly, and the skirt was a little tight, but did I feel glamorous? YES! :spin:

[​IMG]

2. APrizeEveryTime

APrizeEveryTime VFG Special Friend

Very fun to see the Flanders family fledgling vinties. Heh.

3. Siri

Siri Registered Guest

Awesome stuff. I enjoy and have fun seeing all the stuff.

4. coffeegrl

coffeegrl Registered Guest

I don't have my first first peice, I've been off and on with my vintage for half my life (sounds like more than it is lol) - but here's my first recent piece to this collection:

[​IMG]

5. coffeegrl

coffeegrl Registered Guest

Awww, that sucks! My mom ALWAYS called it "old junk" she still doesn't get it, God love her lol - that's sad though; I had a great 60's poncho that misteriously disapeared when I was 16 and it bugs my still - wouldn't it be cool if you found the exact same dress again and got to wear it to somewhere like a reunion or something?? That's be awesome!

6. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

On behalf of step-moms everywhere, I'm so sorry. :(

I don't even know what my first piece was -- I do know that I wore a 50's black velvet cocktail dress to my senior prom & also had a 50's aqua satin cheongsam around the same time.