1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Most Recent Piece

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Linn, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Thought it might be fun to show our most recent additions to our personal vintage collections. I bought this '50's Holly Hoelscher shirtwaist dress at the Deco Show in SF last month. I plan to wear it on Thurs. to a meeting. Second photo shows the belt it was sold with - not sure I'll use that one or another one:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Show us your "new" vintage!

Linn

2. thevintagebungalow

thevintagebungalow VFG Member

3. JulieW

JulieW Alumni

Not clothes, but vintage:

<center>
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

</center>

mmmmmm, they maka me soooo happy

4. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo VFG Member VFG Past President

my most recent 80's vintage purchase....

Season 1-5 of 21 jump street:BAGUSE:

[​IMG]

5. Oh Linn.. i love it.. its just darling!

The belt is a great match, but would be fun to change to match your shoes and bag.

I'm on a "buying haitus".. personal & business, till i clear some of this out ~ which is really hard.. lol..

Love love love those chairs, julie!

OMG... Johnny Depp was ALWAYS hot!

von

6. ivycompany

ivycompany Alumni

I'm really not buying for myself either right now, except in a recent vintage jewel haul I'm stealing this one for me!
    It's a sterling & jelly opal brooch
    [​IMG]

7. coffeegrl

coffeegrl Registered Guest

Oh...My...God!!! You know I thinking WAY back, and the reason I started shopping in thrift stores was becasue of Jonny Depp - he did, we're both Canadaian, I thought maybe we would bump into each other someday (I was 13 ok?? what can I say!) - he said there was something about a jean jacket that was already broken in for him he just loved (or something like that)...so that is awesome! I was so in love with him back then *sigh*... :) Sorry :embaressed: I had a moment there :)

8. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

I'm still in love with him *sigh* (age 40!) :wub:

R

9. Linn, I think that belt looks beautiful with the dress. Very pretty!

10. I've just bought this dress for myself. It's by Papillon. I don't wear black very much these days but I think it looks so chic and it looks incredible on - even though I do say so myself!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. coffeegrl

Very nice dress Louise - I bet it looks amazing with the runched (is that the right word) waist, I had a shirt like that once, so flattering. Oh Linn, yours is great too - I just got too disctacted by Jonny Depp to think of anything else right then :bouncy:

So, a shopping hyatus is what I need - but my goodness, I just keep finding stuff I want at good prices so what's a girl to do right? lol - here's a few of my latest for my personal collection (just need to lose about 10 more lbs and they'll fit perfect!), some for sale maybe later, not sure yet...

[​IMG]

These belts, which I know nothing about but that they're cool :)

[​IMG]

And a few purses I just couln't resist.

[​IMG]

So speaking of a hyatus I better get my etsy store set up one of these days or I'll be forced into one myself...off to work I go! I love your thread ideas Linn!

12. Linn

Thank you, Coffeegrl -

Sorry don't know your name. Love your dresses - and your new dress, too, Louise.

I just got back from the Hawaii Collectibles Show. Not a great show but I foundt two pretty neat vintage purses (for myself). I'll take pictures tomorrow. One is a C. 1930's faille with a great clasp and the other is a Cordite with a Bakelite clasp. I passed on a yellow lace '50's - '60's party dress with rhinestones that I knew would fit but I couldn't figure out where I would wear it!!!

Linn

13. Those mini dresses are too cute!

14. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

15. Linn

Yes -

Just got them done. I'll start a new thread.

Linn

16. APrizeEveryTime

APrizeEveryTime VFG Special Friend

Linn, I love the colors in that perky shirtwaist. And coffeegril, I really like that plastic beaded bag made of sewn-together hexagons! And the gold hard-boiled-egg brocade! Heh.

I went to a doctor appointment last week a bit out of my neck of the woods and as it happened I went on the wrong day and found myself in a neighborhood I'm not very familiar with with some extra time on my hands. I've been feeling energetic, really good, for several weeks now, and when I passed an unfamiliar antique mall I couldn't resist the siren's call. I swear I haven't been poking around in an antique mall (or an estate sale) since before I ruptured my appendix last August! So in I went, nearly whistling with pleasure, feeling on top of the world.

Well, that's where I found that cute little "mechanical" sailor pin. I also found these two brooches (60s, I think?), and I thought they were so pretty, and very affordable, and I bought them for resale, knowing nothing about costume jewelry. But now I can't give them up! The Monet glass, enamel and rhinestone "daisy" I'll wear on my pink wool coat, and I've already worn the enameled forget-me-nots on a pink floral Orlon cardigan. They're both about 2-1/4 inches wide:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This buying jewelry thing could become a real habit. Linn, if you ever come to Portland I'll take you to this place if you give me some pointers!

17. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

18. APrizeEveryTime

APrizeEveryTime VFG Special Friend

And I don't generally even like Monet! But I sure fell in love with this one.

19. Linn

MC -

You are on! I don't have any plans to come to Portland right now - but if that changes I would love to do "the tour" with you including pointers "galore".

This is probably the best Monet I have ever found:
    [​IMG]

Retro - Sterling C. 1940's WWII. Don't underestimate Monet - they did some great pieces.

Linn

20. coffeegrl

Hi, sorry everyone, my name's Val - I can't have a siggy yet, but I'll try to remember to post it at the bottom of threads. We went for a little trip this weekend and I got some 1970's Sears and Eatons Catalogs and a few other mag's just to see the styles (the 70's one's I want to see the shoes - lol they're more of a wish list than anything else!) I got a few pairs of shoes and a GREAT maxi dress - I was looking at broaches and I got a couple but I think they're newer, I love the 60's stuff - the jewlery and stuff, I have none of that - alot of where I got Marc to stop (much batting of eyelashes - he calls it "stuff we don't need" I call it "inventory" lol) were really over priced (would you pay $85 for a Sears or Eton's Catalog?? I sure wouldn't I waited and got some for $3 on the way home :cheer:)...I have to get on my pics and listings, I'm way behind! TTY all soon! Love all the new stuff!!

Val