1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Most Recent Piece

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Linn, Jul 14, 2009.

1. crinolinegirl

crinolinegirl Alumni

Marty, I LOVE those pottery horses!!

I originally bought this rare c. 1895 leather and sateen Dermathistic corset for resale but the more I think about it, the more I want to add it to my own antique corset collection as I don't have one. LOL, I probably will :D

[​IMG]

Lei

2. eel

eel Registered Guest

that corset is AMAZING! I'd KILL for that...KILLLLLLLLL

BTW are all those corsets in the gallery yours? WOW

3. crinolinegirl

crinolinegirl Alumni

Yes, most of them were mine (except for the ones marked as Karen Augusta) although I've sold most of them over the past year through Kerry Taylor auctions as I want to take a different direction with my collection.

LOL, I do that every now and then- purge my collection and start over again :D Makes it fun that way!

Lei

4. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

LOVE all your new finds! Val, your handbag are delicious... and that corset, Lei :dreaming:. I'd keep it any day!

My most recent vintage buy is not one I can wear, but my dollies... I buy vintage for myself to wear, not so much as a collector's item, but what I collect pretty big time are fashion dolls - mostly Barbie and same-sized dolls. Goes well with my love for vintage fashion anyway! I'm a die-hard, meaning I went straight from playing with them to collecting them and I've spent the better part of my life with them so to speak...

So last Friday evening, after work, in the worst of rain, I took the bus across half the city, to pick up a set of doll clothes that I'd bought in an online auction, as it contained a 1980's Barbie "Haute Couture" outfit that I've wanted for a long time. The 80s aren't considered as "vintage" or overly collectible yet it seems, but this is my childhood and they did make some stuff that's as fabulous as the "classic" vintage pieces from the 1960s. Here it is:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As a stroke of luck, the set also contained the original outfit for a Sindy doll that I have, but the outfit was missing... and I didn't even notice it in the auction photos!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Now Sindy can go to bed in her very own nightie. :spin:

Karin

5. coffeegrl

coffeegrl Registered Guest

Karin - I totally thought of you when I bought them. I'm going to be taking close up pics of each one soon. I love your Barbie stuff! That's great to get a missing items by mistake, I love that!

Lei, that corset is amazing - is it one of the ribs removed ones? lol cuz it looks like it! But wow it's in great shape too, I've never actually seen anything like that before! I love this thread! I stalk it all the time :) hehehe

6. Ookoo

Ookoo Registered Guest

I found it in the scarf bin, but it's actually a magician's prop. It's two large scarves sewn back to back, with an open loop in one corner. You can push it through the loop, turning it inside out, and there are 3 solid-color scarves inside.

[​IMG]

7. APrizeEveryTime

APrizeEveryTime VFG Special Friend

That's the funniest scarf I've ever SEEN! I love it!

8. Lei - that corset is :wow22:

9. crinolinegirl

crinolinegirl Alumni

Nope, it looks "puckered" at the sides as my Victorian dressform was too small for the corset to mould it properly and the bones inside the corset had formed to the shaped of the original wearer so it doesn't give an exact fit to the form :)

Lei

10. coffeegrl

coffeegrl Registered Guest

Cool :) Cool rabit scarf too :)