1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yves Saint Laurent film

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by The Vintage Vendeuse, Jun 7, 2014.

1. I went to see "The Immigrant" in which a friend plays Aunt Edyta (a good film, go see it!), and noticed a preview for a movie about Yves Saint Laurent. It's already been released in the UK but it'll still be several weeks until it comes to the US... has anyone seen this yet? It doesn't seem to have gotten very good reviews.

2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I read a review too, and it seems its a bit on the artsy sideā€¦ however, the clothes in the movie are real YSL - Pierre Berge insisted they use dresses from the YSL archives!!!!!

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  3. I just read somewhere (The New Yorker?) that there are actually two YSL movies coming out, nearly simultaneously. One is supposed to be annoying, the other pretty good. I will try to figure out where I read it and share...

4. Two YSL movies, wow. Well, good or bad, it'll be worth seeing them just for the clothes, I suppose!

5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

It's on here in cinemas too, but I haven't found time to see it yet, and I didn't want to watch it on a plane because of the very small screen. In a nutshell, my paper's critique was the story wasn't great, but the costumes looked good.