1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yves Saint Laurent Tuxedo Jacket

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Helen Siwak, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Helen Siwak

Helen Siwak Registered Guest

Can anyone help me date this Yves Saint Laurent tuxedo jacket?

Attached Files:

2. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Helen we cannot date from a label alone, we need to see as much of the garment as possible.

3. Helen Siwak

Sorry for that Melanie. Here are the photos

Attached Files:

4. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

At the moment it's looking relatively modern to me, but can you show a close up of the fabric details label and check inside the pockets for any others please?

5. Helen Siwak

These are all the tags

Attached Files:

6. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Helen, have you checked the inside breast pocket....sometimes the date is there.
    Judging it by the lapel cut on the jacket, I would go with early 80s. Can't be sure but that would be my estimate.

7. Helen Siwak

Yes I looked but the only tags is the ones that I posted in the thread. It is so weird as I have never seen a label like that.

8. joules

joules VFG Member

I'm seeing 80s as well.
    That Woolmark label style, the way the YSL label looks, and the fact that it was made in Korea.
    Plus the fabrication, and the overall appearance of the jacket.

9. Nice dinner jacket: I hope you have the matching trousers too?

The lapels look too wide for '80s but it's a classic style so it could go against current fashion but all the same with the labels etc I will put this one into the '90s.

Love the lining!

10. Helen Siwak

Unfortunately Nicole I do not have the trousers.