1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baseball Jacket - Any Info?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Rebena, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Rebena

Rebena Registered Guest

Hello VFG!

I'm looking for information on this vintage baseball jacket. I'd like to know what decade it was manufactured. There do not appear to be any surge seams. The jacket is in awesome shape. The liner is a textured diamond shape in a pale pink. The liner reminds me of the same type of material/liner in vintage hard-shell suitcases.

Any information is welcome! Thank you!

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      34.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      35.1 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      29.3 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      52.4 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      124.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Hi Rebena - are there any labels? My first thought was '70s but sportswear styles can be hard to date. Can you also tell us what the materials are? Lining and outer please: polyester, rayon, cotton?? Have you got a photo of the lining too?

3. Rebena

Rebena Registered Guest

Hi Circa,

Thank you for giving me your first impression feeling on the date - I appreciate it. Funny enough, my husband's favorite shoes (a pair of 1970's Adidas basketball shoes) match the jacket perfectly!

Lining: Check out the last photograph that I attached, labeled #5. It's a very simple pale pink diamond texture. It is a little bit silky, a tad sheer, not stretchy and has a nice sheen to it. I'm guessing it's a cotton crepe. Outer: The outer feels like a butter soft, luxurious cotton.

The red "raglan stripe" (if you will) are panels of fabric that has been sewn in. If you need any additional photos or have questions, please let me know!

4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

With that lining it does look older, I have had coats from the 50s lined in a similar fabric.

5. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

With that lining I see 50s too.

The zipper might offer a clue but I haven't found any information about that company.

6. Rebena

Rebena Registered Guest

My gut says 50's too. I haven't been able to find information the the zipper either, which is why I came here to ask. Such an awesome jacket. Thanks VFG! I really appreciate you help and input!

7. Thank you: the lining is appearing grey on my screen so I thought it must have been something else. Yes, I agree that the lining looks '50s, it could be a rayon jacquard.

8. joules

joules VFG Member

I'm going with early 60s here, based on a similar jacket I once had.

9. Rebena

Rebena Registered Guest

The photograph certainly does look grey but it is a muted pale pink in person. Thanks to all for your wonderful insight! I always learn a lot here, love the resources and I truly appreciate all that you do! Thanks!