1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Fabulous Patriotic Costume

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by lkranieri, May 15, 2017.

1. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

From a costumer-friend's Facebook post. Isn't it fabulous?
    IMG_6708.jpg

2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

3. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

That is the second best one I have ever seen. The best one was in a dealer's collection in Boston that I saw thirty years ago - it was from 1876 and done in a quasi-18th century, but fashionable 1876 style, made from fabric in red white and blue pinstripe silk, with Liberty bell brocaded ribbons. Even though I am Canadian I was REALLY interested, but the dealer had promised it to a collector in Michigan. Unfortunately, it got destroyed in a flood a few years later...

4. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Oh, God...that stabs me in the heart. I have had a couple of vintage-fashion accidents that I will never get over and I kept the items to remind me to be more careful with my collection.

5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

That is quite spectacular! That is also a sad story, Jonathan, pity you did not get to purchase the other it may well have been getting exhibited had it been in your care.

6. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

I don't remember ever reading about the John Bright Collection, from which the photos came, but if you click on the link, there are many other lovely collection items online.

7. Love it! Thanks for sharing, Lynne!

8. Vintage Sparrow

Vintage Sparrow Registered Guest

That is amazing. Love it.

9. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

Stunning but I am stuck on what in the World did the hat look like.
    It just had to have a feather in it.

Quite fun and amazing.