1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible vintage dress with no tags! Definitely need expert opinions :)

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Maggy, May 18, 2017.

1. Maggy

Maggy Registered Guest

*Edited to remove link

Here is an album of pictures. I believe it's vintage because the tag is very faded, the hems have a lot of excess fabric, it's unlined, and it has the high neck and similar shape of late 60s or early 70s mini dresses. I'm super new to vintage so correct me if I'm wrong! The 100% polyester tag makes me think it's from the early 70s. But again I'm totally new to this. I just found it at a thrift store on the east coast and would love to know it's approximate age/value.

Thank you for your time!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2017
  2. Maggy

Maggy Registered Guest

k6kmkxN.jpg 4d6PCnB.jpg lKAQmrY.jpg UVSCdHX.jpg D6Ge9pf.jpg

I guess I can't link to the jmgur album. Here's inserted pics.

3. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Hi Maggy, Under the reply field there's an upload a file option, select that, and then you can choose the full image option to insert your photos in the reply field or you can choose the thumbnail option.

I don't see those in your 2nd reply.

4. peaceful vintage

Ahhh, there we go. I do see them now.

5. peaceful vintage

Such a cute dress and it looks great on you! It looks fairly modern to me, possibly from the late 90s.

6. Maggy

Maggy Registered Guest

To help me learn more about dating items, could you explain why?

(And thanks! I love it too. Despite the er... awkward chest darting seams.)

7. peaceful vintage

Sure. Yours looks a lot like a school uniform dress. It's really not though. It appears to be part of a juniors size 9 three piece outfit.

Mini dresses and skirt ensembles that looked like school uniforms were trending at the time. I'm not sure if you're old enough to recall but in 1999 Brittany Spears wore a 3 piece school uniform in her Baby One More Time music video.

Dresses this length and cut were trending in general at the time too.