1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage LANVIN label HELP

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Christina Coglietti, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Christina Coglietti

Christina Coglietti Registered Guest

Hello, and thank you for looking at this. Has anyone ever seen a label like this? It is on a 60's/70's disco blouse. It says LANVIN and there is a tag behind it. Is this a knock-off of LANVIN PARIS or maybe a different company named LANVIN? Is anyone aware of knock-off clothing made in the 60's/70's with this label? I am including a picture of the front and back of the blouse. As you can see, the size is washed away...More info may have been washed away. Thanks again.

Attached Files:

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

This does not look like any Lanvin label I have seen. Perhaps someone else may have seen it before. It's a fun disco shirt...just can't be sure it is the same Lanvin.

3. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I am not so sure it's vintage... if it's Lanvin, maybe a more contemporary one?

4. Christina Coglietti

Christina Coglietti Registered Guest

Thank you for your replies. I don't have a doubt that this is vintage...here is a picture of the tag that is beneath the LANVIN tag. It is pretty washed out too.

Attached Files:

5. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

From what I can see of that photo the label could be 80s, 90s and on... but I'm still not 'sold.' Following so when others jump in, I can learn more.

6. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

You know... I just figured out why I say latter more than I would say earlier... I am used to seeing Lanvan fonts being printed with serifs (as in the 70s) on the earlier labels and without serifs on the latter. THAT is what isn't adding up for me.