1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Age this Macys Label

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by sbunique, Mar 6, 2018.

1. sbunique

sbunique Registered Guest

Can someone age this Macys Label? Thanks fullsizeoutput_106e.jpeg

2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

You might also want to post a picture of the garment too.

Since Hong Kong was in British hands till 1997, this garment is before then. That combo of materials would seem to be 80s.

3. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

It agree it would help us to see a picture of the garment, and any other labels that might be in the coat or jacket. I also agree that it's prior to 1997 when Hong Kong was returned to China. It is different from the modern Macy's label (since 2006) and does not match any of the labels in the VFG Label Resource.

https://vintagefashionguild.org/label-resource/macys/

I think it might be earlier than Cin thinks - perhaps '60's with the content but a rayon lining. We really need to see the piece. And, once we date the piece and this label it would be good to add it to our Label Resources.

4. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Definitely an unusual label for Macy's. Can't wait to see the garment. That will make the mystery much easier to solve. ; )

5. sbunique

I have taken pictures of sweater. There are no other labels inside. The lining is only on the body of the sweater. It also has eye hooks to keep sweater closed. I can't seem to upload any pictures (attach) to this post.

6. Linn

7. sbunique

Hope this helps. Thanks

Attached Files:

8. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

9. Linn

I agree with Mary Jane - 1960's beaded sweater. Thanks for posting the photos.

10. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Yessiree!! early 1960s sweater!

11. sbunique

How do I have this Macys Label added to the Label Resource. Based on all the postings everyone agrees its a 60's era Label.

12. Linn

13. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member