1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Lulu Poppins

Lulu Poppins Registered Guest

Hi,

This is a Rodier Paris dress, and I don't know if it's 80s because of the shape of the sleeves, but I am a bit clueless whether if it is or not.
    May somebody help?

Thank you

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    Chiquita likes this.
  2. Lulu Poppins

I forgot to add some pictures which may be important:

Attached Files:

3. Chiquita

Chiquita Registered Guest

07C5822D-6C83-4F88-8463-31BD4D8B4A3D.png
    Hi. I did a trademark search and this is what I found... will not tell you exact age of item but you can use this to determine period or decade. Hope it helps.

Lulu Poppins likes this.
  4. Chiquita

I replied. Was thinking same thing about the sleeves. Check trademark information.

Lulu Poppins likes this.
  5. Lulu Poppins

Hi Chiquita,
    I'll have a look to the web. Do I need to be registered?
    I tried to enlarge the photo but when I do I see it blurred. I never used this site and it may be interesting to start.
    Thank you

6. This dress is a bit confusing but overall I’m getting an early 80s vibe with the thin elastic waist and with the 1/2 or 3/4 sleeves. Perhaps the elastic on the waist is shot making appear longer?

Are there any other tags on the dress?

Another good site for company info is trademarkia.com. Company info is helpful but most helpful in dating is design / cut, materials used and tags.

Lulu Poppins likes this.
  7. Lulu Poppins

Hi Deborah,

I was thinking 70s-80s too... Do you mean the elastyc in the elastic on the waist looking like a drop waist? I think it does. (I hope I explain well what I mean, English is not my first language).

Composition is poliester.
    I don't have another picture now but I will look for other tags to post it. There's one more, I think.
    Thanks so much for the info about the web .

8. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Looks 1981ish with the neo-romantic ruffle...

9. Chiquita

Hi Lulu. You don’t need to be registered.

Lulu Poppins likes this.
  10. Lulu Poppins

Attached Files:

11. I think the elastic at the waist is stretched out and needs replacing. That’s why it has the appearance of a lower waist (a dropped waist would be lower still).

I trust Jonathan’s dating ;)

Lulu Poppins likes this.
  12. Lulu Poppins

Thanks for the tip about the waist. I'll look closer to that.

13. Moonchild

Moonchild Registered Guest

Did you determine an estimate timeperiod? I have a dress that has the same patterns, buttons and labels and I'm struggling to determine the age. I'm guessing late 70's start 80's, but I would like to know what you ended up with! :) [​IMG]