1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hair accessory, 1910?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Pinkie, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Pinkie

Pinkie Registered Guest

Hey guys, dont know if anyone will know anything about this or not but its so pretty and delicate I thought I'd share it anyway. It has that "old" feel and look to it. The hair net is unused and the envelope looks hardly touched either. I googled the French and translated it this is what it said
    "Forehead Favorite
    The only invisible and unseen quality of first choice
    Registered Trademark
    Color: Dark blonde"

KIMG4282.JPG KIMG4284.JPG KIMG4289.JPG KIMG4287.JPG 1531502971543-1058209101.jpg

2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

That is a great little find. I have a small collection of these antique and vintage hair nets and find them charming. Yours looks to be the oldest I have seen with the packaging intact. Made of real human hair, when worn correctly they really were invisible. A woman might pull a few strands or a curl of her own hair through in front or on the sides for a natural effect.

Is the package dated 1910? I thought it might be a little older, but the same packaging could be used for several decades with little changes made to the graphics. My Veneeda hair nets did not change the packaging for 30 years.

The envelope is charming. I love it.

Pinkie likes this.
  3. Pinkie

Pinkie Registered Guest

Thanks! There is no date on it that I can see I was just guessing, so do you think its more late 1800s? I can tell that there is some stamping on the back of the envelope but its so flattened out that I can't read it and it wouldnt show up on my camera. I kind of want to frame it and hang it up lol its so pretty I could look at it all day.

4. Rue_de_la_Paix

I think a date of 1900 to 1910 is a fair guess.

Pinkie likes this.
  5. Rue_de_la_Paix

I think a date of 1900 to 1910 is a fair guess.