1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help dating 1980s? 50s? pink cropped sweater

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by laurenm, Dec 6, 2018.

1. laurenm

laurenm Registered Guest

Hello to everyone,
    I haven't had any luck finding info about Reusch.....thought this was an 80s does 50s but not really sure.
    Any thoughts?
    Lauren

Attached Files:

themerchantsofvintage likes this.
  2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

3. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I think it's actually more current, not vintage. This yarn was super popular in the last 10 years. I looked through my Vogue patterns and saw several with that kind of dramatic back (stitching and shape) around then too.

4. laurenm

laurenm Registered Guest

That was my first instinct, it's just the label is confusing?

5. applethief

applethief Registered Guest

Not to add to the confusion but I have a 70s/80s magazine with knitting patterns with just this amount of drama. It's German and the designs are definitely folk-inspired. I think your drindl idea is a good hunch.

6. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

The label could be someone's personal label not a commercial one. I have them when I knit for someone. I think this is something like that.
    And I still think this is more current because of the yarn. MAYBE the pattern is 80s but that yarn is not.