1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage German Fur Label Help!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Serina96, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Serina96

Serina96 Registered Guest

The coat I have is silver fox from Saga Fox but I'm unfamiliar with this label. From what I can tell it is German but I can't date it nor identify the brand.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Hi,

I'm not sure if you know about Saga so please forgive me if you already do but Saga would be the farming association where the fur came from and while I'm not familiar with this label my best guess based on the translation would be that it says Muller Fur Fashions in Koln Holweide which would be the fur store's name.

3. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Yep - it says Fur Fashions / Müller (name) / Köln-Holweide (place - looks to be a suburb of Cologne). They still seem to be around - there's a website showing on Google search, but I can't seem to access it... don't know if it's my browser or whatever:
    Code:
    www.pelzmoden-mueller.de/

peaceful vintage likes this.
  4. Serina96

Serina96 Registered Guest

Thank you both for your help. It looks like it came from a small store and it's now out of business I suppose.