1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enid Collins "O, that strawberry roan" box bag

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Robin of Frocksley, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Robin of Frocksley

Robin of Frocksley Registered Guest

I have found my favorite Enid bag, one I have coveted for ages!

This horse will be galloping through my dreams tonight. So thankful to have you all to share my joy with!!

20190128_152555-1.jpg

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I have never seen that one before, it really is adorable!

Robin of Frocksley likes this.
  4. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

5. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

good one! i have never seen that one before, either. so clever!

congratulations!!

6. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Love it!!!

7. Shelley

Shelley Registered Guest

Fantastic... do you collect this particular type of bag? Tell us more about it and your collecting!

8. Robin of Frocksley

Robin of Frocksley Registered Guest

Hi, Shelley! I do collect Enid Collins bags, particularly her box bags.

My first exposure to her bags was when I (had no clue how lucky I was at the time lol) found TWO of her bags at a local consignment store about 10 years ago. The owner educated me about Enid Collins and sold me both bags at a steal. Those are "carriage trade" and "Flower Basket VI". Over the years I have been gifted or sought out more of her bags and I hope my collection continues to grow.

One thing that makes collecting her bags interesting is that themes were only produced for a limited time. I have a soft spot for themes that feature animals. Her earlier designs are my favorites, easily identified by her "ec" signature as opposed to the later bags which are marked "Collins of Texas". Some of my favorite things about her bags are her obvious delight in nature and her sense of humor.

Thanks for asking as I love to share my passion for Enid! Here are a couple of pics of my treasures.

"Flower Basket VI"
    20190415_111402-1.jpg

and top to bottom: "carriage trade", "daisies won't tell", "young'un", and "for the birds"
    20190415_111334-1.jpg

9. wyogems

wyogems VFG Member